AirPods are among the most popular and common accessories for an iPhone user because the Apple TWS earphones work exceptionally well with the whole Apple ecosystem. Most of the users are giving priority to AirPods as compared to other premium wireless earphones. However, a tech product can never be 100% perfect at all. Some technical bugs may appear on Apple AirPods too.
Recently several AirPods users reported that they connected AirPods to iPhones, but no sound was coming out of them. In other words, audio is not coming in the AirPods even if it is correctly connected to your iPhone. Now, what to do, when you face this issue. Don’t worry; we will provide some best solutions to get rid of the “Airpods Connected But No Sound” problem.
5 Ways to Fix “AirPods Connected But No Sound” Issue
- Reset your AirPods.
- Enable/Disable Automatic Ear Detection.
- Update your iOS Device.
- Remove the Volume Limit.
- Clean your AirPods.
1. Reset your AirPods
If you encounter this type of issue, the first thing you should do is reset the AirPods. Resetting your AirPods might solve the problem. To reset your AirPods, you can follow our given steps.
- Put AirPods in their case and close it.
- Wait for 30 seconds and open the case.
- Go to your Apple device and head to Settings.
- Now tap on Bluetooth and select the info icon.
- Click on Forget This Device and confirm by clicking on the same option in the popup.
- Head to your AirPods; now press and hold the setup button located at the back of the case for 15 seconds.
- Wait for the flashing white light; if you see the amber light, then it’s done.
- You can re-pair your AirPods to an Apple device and check the issue.
2. Enable/Disable Automatic Ear Detection
Apple devices might have issues with the auto-detection feature. Apple allows users to enable or disable the auto-detection feature based on their preferences. So, try to disable this feature once and turn it on back.
- Open Settings on your Apple device and go to Bluetooth.
- Click on the info icon next to the name of the AirPods.
- Turn off the Automatic Ear Detection.
3. Update your iOS Device
If your device is running on an older version of the iOS operating system, it might have some bugs on your device. It is essential to keep your iOS device updated at all times to avoid any software-related bugs.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Tap on general.
- Click on Software Update.
- Once the update is completed, restart your device.
- Now reconnect your AirPods to your iOS device and check the problem.
4. Remove the Volume Limit
When you turn on the AirPods pro volume control limit on an iOS device, you may face these problems. So, if AirPods are connected but won’t play audio, disconnect it to make sure AirPods volume is not too low to be heard. Apple allows you to control the volume limit on the Music app. Here’s how to do it.
- Open your Settings menu.
- Go to Music.
- Turn off the Volume Limit switch.
5. Clean your AirPods
Sometimes when the AirPods are not clean, users may face some sound issues. So, we should clean our AirPods frequently. To clean the AirPods properly:
- Use soft and lint-free material to clean your AirPods.
- Use a cotton bud to clean the joints and spaces.
- You can also try mixing some isopropyl alcohol with water and use it to clean the AirPods properly.
That’s all our solutions to fix the “Airpods Connected But No Sound” issue. We hope any of them will surely help you to correct the problem. If none of them works, we recommend you contact Apple Care. Give your opinions in the comment box below.
Leave a Reply