Apple has provided a multi-coloured notification light to signify the different conditions for AirPods. The LED light indicator says about the battery status when the AirPods are ready to pair, and many others. If you have an Apple AirPod that doesn’t work correctly, you notice that the notification light blinks orange.
Apple AirPod comes with multiple colours of LED light indicators where each colour has different meanings. These colours are solid white, solid green, blinking orange, and blinking white. The LED light indicator works for both the AirPods and the case. The indicator shows the case status if the AirPod is inside the case. Now, we will show you what is meant by indicator colour.
So, if you are getting an orange light on your Apple AirPad, then in this article, we discuss how you can solve the orange light on the AirPod issue.
LED Indicator Light Colour Meaning
- Solid Green Light: When you see the AirPods case light is Solid green while your AirPods are inside the case, the AirPods are fully charged.
- Solid Orange Light: When you connect the case with the power source, the AirPods case shows solid orange light, which means the case is charging.
- Flashing Orange Light: It means some problems when you see the flashing orange light on your AirPods case. The case shows a flashing orange light if the AirPods have encountered a pairing error.
- Flashing White Light: If you can see, your AirPods case LED light indicator is showing a flashing white light. Then it means the AirPods are ready to pair.
How to Fix if Orange Light is Flashing on Your AirPods?
If your AirPods are flashing only orange light, there is a problem with your AirPods. This error does not allow you to pair AirPods with other devices, whatever you want to connect. So, if you have been facing issues connecting your AirPods with others devices. Then in this blog, we are discussing several ways you can try to fix this problem. Follow them.
- Remove AirPods from your iPhone.
- Reset your AirPod.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad.
- Recharge the AirPods and Case.
- Update AirPods Firmware.
Method 1: Remove AirPods from your iPhone
You can try to fix the flashing orange light by removing AirPods from your iPhone and pairing them again. This method will solve the connecting issue. So, follow our given methods step by step.
- Open your Settings on your iPhone and click on Bluetooth.
- In the Bluetooth section, you can see a list of paired devices. So, locate your AirPods in the list.
- Click on the “I” button.
- Now, click on the “Forget This Device” button.
- Next, put them back in the case of your AirPods and close the case lid.
- Open the case lid, long-press the startup button, and enter pairing mode. If you can see the flashing white light on the case, your AirPods problem is fixed.
Method 2: Reset your AirPod
The second method is to reset your AirPod. So, open your AirPods case lid and press and hold the setup button. After 15 seconds, the LED light will blink orange and then white.
After that, when the LED light starts flashing white, pair the AirPods with other devices.
Method 3: Restart your iPhone or iPad
Sometimes there’s a possibility that rebooting your iPhone or iPad, whatever you use to connect the AirPods, may fix the issue. So, connect your AirPods to some other devices and check the AirPods. If the AirPods are working well, the problem with your iPhone or iPad devices.
So, you can restart your iPhone or iPad by holding the power button. When you see the red slider on the screen, slide it to shut down. After that, now long press the power button to restart your phone.
Now, you can check the AirPods by pairing them again.
Method 4: Recharge the AirPods and Case
Sometimes Orange Light is Flashing On Your AirPods even when the AirPods and the case are not charging correctly. So, put the AirPods inside the case, connect them with a charger, and let it charge.
When the AirPods are charged, check the AirPods and try to connect the iPhone.
Method 5: Update AirPods Firmware
In this method, you can check whether the AirPods firmware update is available or not. If there’s an update, then update them. Or you can factory reset your iPhone. After a factory reset, connecting to your iPhone will automatically take the latest updates.
- Open Settings on your iPhone and remove AirPods from your iPhone. Follow our first method.
- After that, close the case lid when you put AirPods back in the case.
- Open the lid again.
- Now, keep holding the power button on the case for 15 seconds.
- When you see the orange light will flash three times, then release the power button and close the lid.
- When the factory reset completes, open the lid again and pair the AirPods with your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, active your internet connection on or connect with WiFi. The AirPods will automatically take the latest firmware update.
We hope using these methods, and you will be able to fix your “Airpods Flashing Orange Light” issue.