Several users have reported that the sound program and features are no longer working after updating their Windows 10/11 PC. It shows an audio driver error code 52. If you are facing the same problem, don’t worry about it. We have discussed instructions that might help to fix this error code.
Ways to Fix Audio Driver Error Code 52 on Windows 11 or 10
- Must update the windows if the update is available.
- Remove all the external devices.
- Updating your Audio Driver.
- Updating driver by using CD, DVD, or USB.
- By using Registry Editor, Delete/Remove Lowerfilter and Upperfilter.
Let us talk about them in detail.
Method 1: Must update the windows if the update is available
Sometimes the drivers don’t work correctly for some bugs for not updating the operating system regularly. If the windows stay current, the drivers work correctly and efficiently. If you want to update your windows, then follow my steps.
- On the left side of the windows, click the start button.
- Click the settings.
- Now click the Update & Security options.
- Then click the Check for updates.
- If the update is available, then update the windows and restart your pc.
I hope your Audio driver error code 52 Problem will be fixed; if it doesn’t work, follow my next method.
Method 2: Remove all the external devices
For some external Devices, some errors might appear in our system. It can be one of the causes of audio driver error code 52. Then follow the steps.
- Remove all the external Devices from your system.
- Then, disconnect and turn off any Bluetooth devices.
- Shut down your windows, unplug the power cable, and wait for a few minutes.
- Then, plug in the power cable, start the system and check the Audio driver.
I hope your problem will be fixed.
Method 3: Updating your Audio Driver
We should always keep all the drivers up to date for our system to run smoothly. If your Audio driver is not up to date, then update it. It might fix the Audio errors code 52 problem in your system.
- On windows, click on search and type Device Manager and click on it.
- Then, in the Device Manager, you will see Audio input and output, then Double click on it.
- Right-click on the Speakers/Audio Driver.
- Then, select the update driver software and click it.
- After completing the update then, restart your device.
I hope this fixes the error problem.
Method 4: Updating driver by using CD, DVD, or USB
If the issue doesn’t fix after following my step above(method 3), you can try this. Try to update your drivers by using a CD/DVD or USB.
- Insert the driver’s installation CD/DVD or USB drive when you buy the laptop or PC.
- Right-click on the optical drive and click on open.
- Then, please find out the drive’s folder and open it.
- Please find out the radio codec drivers folder and open it.
- Then, please find the setup.exe file and double-click on it to install the Audio driver. After finishing the installation then, restart your system.
Method 5: By using Registry Editor, Delete/Remove Lowerfilter and Upperfilter
There is one more important task you can do to try to fix your Audio driver problems by using Registry Editor Remove or delete Lowerfilter and Upperfilter.
- On the windows search option, type Registry Editor and click the enter bottom.
- On the UAC prompt to continue, click Yes.
- In the empty address bar, please Copy and paste it and press the enter key.
- Now select the Lowerfilter and Upperfilter by holding the CTRL key and pressing the delete button.
- Click Yes and confirm the delete.
- Restart your computer and check whether the Audio driver is working correctly.
I hope the above methods fix your Audio driver error code 52 problem.