Updating your iPhone to a new iOS version can sometimes cause problems, resulting in your iPhone getting bricked. This means you will lose your iPhone’s personal and important data. Not having a backup means you would have set up everything from scratch. The new version of iOS is now official, and the first developer beta is out as well. Users want to know if they should back up their iPhone before upgrading to iOS 16 or not?
Do I Need to Backup My iPhone Before Upgrading to IOS 16?
You may lose all your data in the process. Keeping this in mind, you should always be on the safer side by creating a backup of your iPhone in case something unfortunate occurs. You can create a backup of your iPhone on your other devices as well as on cloud storage. However, an offline backup is much safer and more accessible than a cloud-based backup.
- Editor’s Pick: Things You Should Know Before Upgrading to iOS 16
iTunes and iCloud Drawbacks
The most popular and known method of creating a backup of your iPhone is using iTunes and iCloud. These are Apple’s backup options. However, iTunes and iCloud are not reliable backup tools.
iTunes lets you create a backup of your iPhone on your computer. It saves all your iPhone’s data locally on your computer, thus taking up space on your computer. This might not be for you if you have a low-storage computer. Lastly, iTunes can only make a full backup of the iPhone or none. There is no in-between, no partial backups.
iCloud is Apple’s cloud-based storage service. It offers 5GB of free iCloud storage for all users. The cloud-based service lets you access your data on any Apple device with iCloud. This makes it more convenient than iTunes, which can only be accessed using your desktop computer.
Talking about the cons, it has a limited storage availability (5GB) which is not enough for most of us. To increase this limit, one must pay a certain amount to Apple. This has to be the biggest deal-breaker for many people. Moreover, since iCloud is cloud-based storage, there are high chances of a data breach. There is always a possibility that your data might be exposed to people you want. Creating a backup on iCloud is much slower than iTunes as it requires a fast internet connection.
Why is DearMob iPhone Manager better than iTunes and iCloud?
While Apple would want you to use its backup tools, they are not the only options you have. There are many third-party backup tools on the internet. DearMob is a third-party backup tool with the edge over iTunes and iCloud in several ways.
Unlike Apple’s backup tools, DearMob offers a range of tools in addition to a backup. Unlike iTunes, where you have to back up everything from your iPhone, you can select what you want to backup and what not. This means you can individual backup photos, videos, contacts, messages, music, etc. Not only individual backups, but the software also supports and converts numerous file types into the file type you want.
The best thing about this software is that it can perform single-click backup and restore. Additionally, it supports two-way Sync to multiple computers with zero data loss, fast transfer speeds, and password protection for your personal files. And now that you are convinced, here’s how you can create a backup of your iPhone using DearMob.
How to Create a Backup and Restore iPhone from Backup Using DearMob?
Creating a backup of your iPhone using DearMob is pretty simple and easy. Follow these step-by-step instructions to create a backup of your iPhone using DearMob. You need to have a Mac or a PC for the process.
For a complete backup of your iPhone:
- Connect your iPhone and Mac or PC using a USB cable.
- Tap ‘Trust This Computer’ on your iPhone.
- Download and install the DeadMob iPhone Manager on your Mac or PC.
- Once installed, launch DearMob iPhone Manager and click ‘Backup’.
- Click on ‘Backup Now’. This will generate an entire backup file of your iPhone.
To back up selected files of your iPhone:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer, launch the DearMob iPhone Manager and click on ‘Photo Transfer’.
- Select the photos you want to back up and restore.
- Click ‘Export‘, and a backup file will be generated soon.
You can also backup selective videos or music files using the same procedure. Please read the iPhone backup guide from the official site. Also, watch the video that explains step by guide on backing up iPhone.
To Restore iPhone from backup:
Restoring iPhone from backup is a straightforward process. Follow the step-by-step instructions to restore the iPhone from backup using DearMob iPhone Manager.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable and launch the DearMob iPhone Manager software.
- Click ‘Backup ‘and then click on the Restore backup files tab on the right.
- Select the backup you want to restore and click ‘Restore Now’. Wait for some time, and this will restore all your backup files on your iPhone.
To restore selected files of your iPhone:
- With your, iPhone plugged in, launch the DearMob iPhone Manager software on your computer.
- Click the ‘+’ icon to create an album, and click Add photo.
- Select the photos you want and click Sync. This will successfully restore the photos on your iPhone.
This was a concise guide on how you can create a backup of your iPhone using DearMob. Follow the steps mentioned above carefully and restore your iPhone data quickly. In case you have any doubts or queries, drop a comment below. We will try to help you out.
Beta Regrets? You can downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15 easily.