When you attempt to make a call on your iPhone, you are given the error message “Call Failed”. Yes, it can be annoying to you. Making phone calls is the most basic function of your smartphone. So, of course, it’s super frustrating when you try to call someone, and the call fails on your iPhone device. As per reports, several users encountered this problem after updating to the latest iOS 16 version.
Well, there could be several causes for this problem. So, it’s difficult to pinpoint one specific reason for the Call Failed issue. The problem may usually occur due to poor signal quality or some bugs; if you also face this problem on your iPhone after updating to iOS 16, there is nothing to worry about. There are plenty of solutions to fix the “Call Failed” problem on your iPhone devices. This article will provide several simple methods to fix the problem quickly. Follow our instructions below.
5 Ways to Fix “Call Failed” on iPhone after Updating to iOS 16
- Turn On/Off Airplane Mode.
- Remove/Reinsert Your SIM Card.
- Reset Network Settings on Your iPhone.
- Change the Date and Time Settings on Your iPhone.
- Restart Your iPhone Device.
No 1. Turn On/Off Airplane Mode
This is the first thing you should try. The “Call Failed” problem may occur due to a poor network signal. Airplane Mode is a great way to refresh your iOS 16 device network signal. It might help solve your iPhone device’s “Call Failed” problem. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of your screen.
- Now, please tap on the Airplane icon to turn it on.
- After that, please wait a few seconds and tap it again to turn it off.
- Wait for the complete signal bar appears at the top.
- Once the signal comes, try to call someone and check the problem.
No 2. Remove/Reinsert Your SIM Card
The “Call Failed” problem occurs due to a damaged SIM card. So, check your SIM card for any damage or scratches. Remove the SIM card from your iPhone and check.
- Open the SIM tray using the SIM-ejected tool.
- Take out your SIM card.
- Check properly. If you find any damage, consider getting a new SIM card.
- If your SIM card is OK, then reinsert the SIM card into your iPhone and try to call someone.
- This time your problem might solve.
If this method doesn’t work, follow our subsequent procedures.
No 3. Reset Network Settings on Your iPhone
Your network might be the main culprit behind your iPhone device’s “Call Failed” problem. Most network-related issues like the inability to make phone calls, message failures, and cellular data issues might be fixed after a reset. So, perform a reset network settings to solve the “Call Failed” problem on your iOS 16 device.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Navigate to General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.
- Now enter your iPhone passcode and confirm.
- Your network settings are completely reset, and you can now check the “Call Failed” problem.
Things like your saved Wi-Fi connection, Bluetooth devices, and VPN configurations will be erased during this process. You will have to reconnect your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections.
No 4. Change the Date and Time Settings on Your iPhone
Date and Time settings can often malfunction or glitch for no reason. So, you can try to solve the “Call Failed” issue by changing the Date and Time settings on your iPhone device. Here’s how to change the Date and Time settings on your phone.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to General and tap on Date & Time.
- Now enable the “Set Automatically” and configure your Time Zone.
- If your settings are already set to automatic, try to turn off and turn on “Set Automatically” to refresh your settings.
- Now, check whether the “Call Failed” issue still appears.
No 5. Restart Your iPhone Device
Restarting the device is one of the easiest methods to fix any minor issues on your device. This simple process will often resolve minor errors on your iPhone device. Follow these steps to restart your iPhone.
- Hold the Side and either of the Volume buttons on your iPhone until you see the slide.
- Now, drag the slide bar to the right and wait for your device to turn off completely.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- After that, turn your iPhone back on by holding the side Power button.
Update 30/08/2022: Apple released the iOS 16 beta 8 with bug fixes, optimization and performance improvement. It comes with build number 20A5358a. If you own an iPhone 8 or newer, you can test the pre-release iOS 16 software by joining Beta Software Program. Navigate to the General > Software Update menu on your iPhone’s Settings app.
That’s all for today. These are some ways to fix your iPhone’s “Call Failed” problem after updating to the iOS 16 version. We hope they will help you eliminate this issue on your iPhone. If you have doubts regarding our given solutions, feel free to ask in the comment box below.