When you try to send an email from your iPhone/ iPad and a strange notification prompts with a “cannot verify server identity” error. That means the Mail app cannot verify the identity of the mail server you’re trying to connect to. It’s one of the most common errors faced by many iPhone and iPad users while using the Mail app. This error usually occurs when a new email account is set up on your iOS device or after changing the mail server certificate. If you are also one of them, then don’t worry, just follow our given solutions in this article.
5 ways to fix the “Cannot Verify Server Identity” error on iPhone
- Exit the Mail app and Reopen it again.
- Restart/Soft reset your device.
- Sign out of your email account and add it back.
- Reset all settings on your iPhone.
- Changing SSL settings.
Method 1: Exit the Mail app and Reopen it again
If the “Cannot Verify Server Identity” error comes on while sending a mail to another mail server, then the first thing you should do is to close the Mail app and reopen it again.
- Double-click the Home button.
- Now, will open the app switcher.
- Swipe up on the Mail app by using your finger until it no longer appears in the App Switcher.
- Now you can reopen the Mail app and try to send an email.
Method 2: Restart/Soft reset your device
If the above method doesn’t solve your problem, then the next basic thing you can try is to restart your iPhone. This simple step can occasionally fix a minor software problem.
- Press and hold the Power button until the Power off slider appears.
- Use your finger to swipe the red power icon from left to right to power off your device completely.
- Wait around a minute.
- Now press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears.
- After turning on your device, now you can check the “Cannot Verify Server Identity” error appears or not.
Restarting your iPhone doesn’t affect any saved data. So, nothing to worry about backup.
Method 3: Sign out your email account and add it back
Many users were able to get rid of the “Cannot Verify Server Identity”! error on iPhone by performing this method. Removing the email account and adding it again resets your email server identity certificates, which allow your email account to be verified by the Mail app. How to remove and add it back to your email account, just follow the given steps below.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on Accounts & Passwords.
- Head to the Accounts section.
- Select the email that you want to remove.
- Tap the Delete Account button at the bottom part of the screen.
- Tap Delete from My iPhone to confirm it.
- Your email account will remove from your device.
- After removing the email, go back to the Settings again.
- Navigate to the Accounts & Passwords menu.
- Now tap on Add Account.
- Enter all the required information and sign it back.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the entire setup process.
Now check whether the “Cannot Verify Server Identity”! error still shows up or not. If the issue still appears, then move to the next solution.
Method 4: Reset all settings on your iPhone
All of the data from the Settings app on your iPhone will be erased when you reset all settings on your phone. It may help to fix the “Cannot Verify Server Identity” error on your device.
- Open Settings.
- Go to General.
- Navigate to Reset->Reset All Settings.
- If prompted, enter the passcode or Restrictions passcode to continue.
- Then confirm that you want to reset all settings on your phone and tap the option.
- Once the process is done, your phone will reboot automatically.
- After the process, you can use the internet and other online services.
- Now open the Mail app and check the error is gone.
Method 5: Changing SSL settings
This is our last solution to fix the “Cannot Verify Server Identity”! error on iPhone. Studying various feedback, we are adding this method. In many cases performing this operation may fix the error. Follow our given steps to change the SSL settings on your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Accounts & Passwords.
- Tap on the Mail app.
- Select the registered account.
- Navigate to Advanced settings and disable the Use SSL feature.
We have provided you with 5 very useful and effective solutions. We hope, any of them will surely fix the issue you are facing. If you are facing any difficulties or have other issues, just leave a comment below. We are committed to helping you.
Leave a Reply