By default Windows 11 establishes some libraries on its C disk to manage its elements. Here libraries or folders mean Music, Images, Downloads, Desktop, etc., some being more used than others. This is the case of the Downloads folder where all the downloads made from websites or applications are housed; However, this is a parameter always used in Windows systems; it can cause some errors on the hard disk if we have too many downloads, and these affect the space in the hard drive C.
We frequently download information to our PC, so it is better to have everything well organized, including the source folders of Windows 11. Here we will explain a simple method: to change the location of the Downloads folder in the Windows 11 operating system; let’s see how to achieve it.
Steps to change the download location in Windows 11
1. Open the File Explorer; right-click on the Downloads folder and select the “Properties” option.
2. You will see a pop-up window, there go to “Location.”
3. Now we see the default route > click on “Move”.
4. Now select the new folder in a drive other than C.
5 Click on “Select folder” and apply the changes.
6. A warning will appear: “Do you want to move all of your files from the old location to the new location?” Click on Yes on the warning pop-up and then click OK.
This is the simple method to change the download location in Windows 11 operating system.
Leave a Reply