By default Windows 11 establishes some libraries on its C disk to manage its own elements. Here libraries or folders means Music, Images, Downloads, Desktop, etc., some being more used than others. This is the case of the Downloads folder where all the downloads made from websites or applications are housed, although this is a parameter always used in Windows systems, it can cause some errors on the hard disk if we have too many downloads and these affect the space in the hard drive C.
Downloading information to our PC is a task that we do quite frequently so it is better to have everything well organized including the source folders of Windows 11. Here we are going to explain a simple method which is to change the location of the Downloads folder in Windows 11, let’s see how to achieve it.
Steps to change the download location in Windows 11
1. Firstly, open the File Explorer, now right-click on the Downloads folder and select the “Properties” option.
2. You will see a pop-up window, there go to “Location”
3. Now we see the default route > click on “Move”.
4. Now select the new folder in a drive other than C.
5 Click on “Select folder” and apply the changes.
6. A warning will popup “Do you want to move all of your files from the old location to the new location?” Click on Yes on the warning pop up and then click OK.
This is the simple method to change the download location in Windows 11.