When working on our computers with Windows 11 we enjoy a modern, dynamic environment that provides us with great benefits for all types of work, but internally certain conditions occur so that everything works as it should be and this causes something natural as it is a factor heat in the processor or CPU, the brain of operations. While it is true that processors are prepared for this type of event, overheating can have consequences.
What Happens When a Computer/CPU Overheats?
- Computer shutdowns or reboots.
- Blocking of the tasks performed.
- Slowness in the execution of operations.
- BSD screens (which in Windows 11 will be black no longer blue).
All this can affect our operation and the causes for CPU overheating are varied such as:
- Excessive workloads.
- Poor CPU ventilation.
- CPU maintenance-free times.
- Limited RAM.
What is a good CPU temperature?
- You always have to try to keep your CPU temperature below 72º, always recommending a variation between 45 and 65º in work mode as a maximum.
- A temperature below 40ºC means a state of rest.
- In general, a temperature above 90º would surely be causing damage to your hardware.
- In Intel processors, it is recommended not to exceed 100º maximum and in AMD of 90º maximum.
- As it varies depending on the model, visit the manufacturer’s official website to check at what maximum temperature it could work.
With these specifications, we are going to see how to know the temperature in real-time in Windows 11.
View Windows 11 CPU temperature with NZXT CAM
NZXT has been developed to allow us to manage performance, temperatures and the device in general, it is an application that allows monitoring from the processor load to the current bandwidth consumption of the network in Windows 11.
- Download NZXT CAM from here
- Once downloaded install the application:
- There we will see the following window:
- Click on “Continue in Guest Mode”
- Accept the license terms to access the application console
- In the CPU section, we see the details in real-time, it is possible to access the properties of the CPU by clicking on where you will see the temperature in real-time. There we find the model of the CPU used.
Test Windows 11 CPU temperature with Open Hardware Monitor
- Down Open Hardware Monitor from here
- This is an open-source application which is responsible for monitoring temperature sensors, fan speeds, voltages, load and clock speeds of our Windows 11 equipment, some of its advantages are:
1. The CPU temperature is controlled through the reading of the core temperature sensors of the Intel and AMD processors
2. View ATI and NVIDIA video card sensors
3. Displays the temperature of the SMART hard drive
Download and install the application from the executable
- Click on this to access the CPU temperature
See Windows 11 CPU temperature with Core Temp
- Download Core Temp from here
- One of the advantages of this application is that we can visualize the temperature of each individual core integrated into the CPU, additionally, we can see temperature fluctuations in real-time through the use of various workloads and it is compatible with Intel, AMD and VIA.
Install the application
- There we can directly access Core Temp to see the CPU temperature in real-time
View Windows 11 CPU temperature with Speccy
- Download Speccy from here
- Speccy is responsible for providing detailed information on each component in the equipment, within its characteristics we find:
1. Modern and comprehensive PC information panel
2. Automatic Updates
3. Premium support
- Download and install the application
- In the application we go to the CPU section, where it validates the current temperature of the processor:
We can see all the broken down details of the CPU.
Monitor Windows 11 CPU temperature with CPU Thermometer
- Download CPU Thermometer from here
- Once downloaded (it does not require local installation), execute it to see the details of the CPU
Check Windows 11 CPU temperature with HWMonitor
- Download HWMonitor from here
- Download and install the application
- We access the application from Start:
- As a result, we find the details of the CPU temperature:
Know Windows 11 CPU temperature with SpeedFan
- Download SpeedFan from here
- We proceed to install the application:
- Run the application to see the CPU temperature in Windows 11
These are the different options to analyze and access the real-time CPU temperature in Windows 11.