The PlayStation is the best gaming console in the gaming industry. PS5 is the upgraded version of PS4. This console has become the favourite gaming console of many gamers. If you want to play the PS5 or PS4 games, there must be an extra monitor or TV. But the price of the PlayStation 5 is very high, so everyone can’t afford an extra 4k Monitor or TV.
Some people want to enjoy the PS5 or PS4 games on their laptop screen. They want to connect PS4 or PS5 to the laptop with an HDMI cable. But is this possible? So, in this article, we discuss how you can connect PS5 to your laptop with an HDMI cable. But it’s not that easy.
Can I connect the PS4 & PS5 to my laptop?
Yes, you can connect PS5 to your laptop. But we already said you could never connect PS5 or PS4 directly to a laptop. Because the laptop is specially manufactured with an HDMI output port, there is no input port on its side. So, both PS5 console and laptop have HDMI output ports. Then the question is, how you can connect PS5 / PS4 to the laptop?
There are two ways you can easily connect both devices, and then you can enjoy the gaming of PS5. You can connect by using the Sony Remote Play Features, and the other is by using Video Capture Card.
Use Capture Card and Connect PS5 & PS4 to Laptop with HDMI Cable
Captured Card is a device that is used mainly by streamers. This affordable option allows you to deliver good video and audio data from an external source to any Laptop. So, let’s talk about how you can use it.
The Elgato HD60 S is a good option for you. Before playing the console games, you have to buy this Card. You can easily buy this Capture Card from here.
Now follow our given step to connect the PS5/ PS4 with your laptop:
- Connect the Captured Card via USB Type C cable and one end by USB A 3.0 port to your laptop.
- Now connect your PS5/ PS4 by HDMI cable on one end and that cable on another with the input HDMI port of the Capture card.
- Take a second HDMI cable, then connect one end with the Capture Card and the other with the laptop.
- Check the cable management once again; if you are sure it is perfect, you can easily play the PS5/ PS4 games on your laptop.
Tips: You can also connect PS5/PS4 to your Laptop via Remote Play
Remote Play is an app that helps you stream video games on your console. This app introduced by Sony allows any console like PS3, PS4, and now PS5 to transfer the video and audio output for other devices. This app will enable you to easily play the PS5/ PS4 games on your laptop’s screen.
Before playing the PS5/ PS4 games on your laptop screen, you need some setup. So, check the required setup.
Requirement for Remote Play
- Windows 10 or Windows 11 OS ( 32bit and 64bit are acceptable)
- Your laptop must have an i7 processor or equivalent or higher processor. (minimum 2.6GHz clocking speed)
- It must have a minimum of 2GB RAM and 100MB of free storage space.
- Display resolution at least 1024 x 768 px.
- And a USB cable.
How to Use Sony Remote Play?
- Download Sony Remote Play App from Windows or Mac store.
- Turn on your PS5.
- Open the Remote Play app on your laptop.
- Now, sign in to your PlayStation Network (PSN) account. Make sure that you sign in with the same account where you sign in to your console.
- Select Settings and Configure to your preferred resolution and refresh rate in this step.
- Now, the Sony Remote Play app will automatically connect the PS5 account.
- That’s it; now you can easily play the PS5 games on your laptop.