If you are still using Cordless phones in 2022 and don’t hear a dial tone, can’t dial out, or your phone says Line in use. It means your landline phone is not working correctly. Landline providers provide some convenient backup facilities if you face some issues. When your smartphones don’t have a network connection, cordless phones help you make a call.
Whenever you try to make a call by cordless phone, and you hear that your phone is “line in use” or not in use. And sometimes you can get some busy messages. So in this blog, we are talking about how to fix the cordless phone that says “Line in use” issue.
Why Does Your Cordless Phone Say That Line In Use?
When you pick up your cordless phone, you can hear that your phone is the Line in use or get a message. The phone might have difficulty making or receiving calls with the “line in use” error message. When you can get this message, it means the phone is engaged.
Firstly you can check the indicator light that is on or not. Next, you can now check whether the Line is active or not. If the light is not on then, it should be some problem with the phone process of its data.
If you have a modem service, unplug the phone line from the modem if the light is blinking. You can see the light turning a solid colour, then wait for a second and check the reception on your phone before plugging the cable back. If the light does not turn solid, you must check the modem with a technician.
And we provide other reasons why the cordless phone says Line is in use.
If you have a faulty landline
If you have a faulty landline, then it is the possibility that you will get this error. You have to try using another phone if the phone also says “Line in use”. Then unplug the base station from the power source, and after some time, plug it on. Now try to call your landline by using another phone. If your phone gets a dial tone, it means your cordless phone has an issue.
If your network connection is inferior
If your network connectivity is poor, this error can happen. You have to improve your network coverage by eliminating unnecessary traffic. To do this, you must disconnect the equipment that is not in use.
How to Fix Cordless Phone Says Line in Use Problem?
This problem can be frustrating when you can get this every time. We can explain some methods of how you can fix the issue of ‘Cordless Phone Says Line in Use’.
- Try Different phone cords.
- Troubleshooting Static on the Line
Method 1: Try Different phone cord
- Unplug the phone and the cord
- Go to the other phone and check that it has a dial tone.
- Unplug the other phones and cord
- Plug in the phone that isn’t working phone’s cord
- Now, check the dial tone. The old wall jack is damaged if you can get a dial tone. Or if the phone has a dial tone, then the phone is not working or cord.
- So, try a different phone cord. The cord is the problem if the phone has a dial tone. You have to replace it.
Method 2: Troubleshooting Static on the Line
- Disconnect telephone equipment while listening on the phone. But you have to disconnect one at a time.
- Listen for the static to go away. When you disconnect a piece of equipment, listen for static on the Line. If the static stops, the last piece you disconnected is likely causing the interference.
- Try plugging by a different phone and checking the jack. The problem is with the jack if you can see the static after connecting to another device. You have to replace it.
- Change the channels. If your cordless phone has too many frequency signals, you must change the channels until you find clear interference.
- When you move or disable interfering equipment then, it will help get good signals.
Leave a Reply