In this post, we will show you how to download DirectX 12 (Ultimate) for Windows PC. It’s worth noting that there isn’t a standalone download package available for the Windows PC, so you can’t get it anywhere else. Instead, we have decided on the best methods for downloading DirectX 12 Ultimate for your Windows 11/10 PC. Continue reading until the end to learn more about it.
What is DirectX 12?
DirectX is a Microsoft component that allows software or games to work more efficiently with your video and audio hardware. It is especially useful for tasks involving games, videos, and other forms of multimedia on Windows PCs and laptops. DirectX 12 is the most recent version, which was released in May 2019.
At the moment, only the GeForce RTX series graphics support DirectX 12 ultimate and its features. The GeForce RTX 3090, 3080 (Ti), 3070 (Ti), and 3060 (Ti) series laptops, TITAN RTX, 2080 (Ti), 2080 Super, 2070 Super, 2060, and 2060 Super only support DirectX 12. If your Windows PC does not have any of the above-mentioned graphic cards, you can disregard this post because it is not supported.
Download DirectX 12 for Windows 10
DirectX is already installed on your PC if you are running Windows 10. However, instead of Direct X12, it could be an older version. First, press Windows+R, then type winver and press enter to display the current version of Windows. If you have a Windows 10 version later than 2004, you have already installed DirectX 12.
If your Windows version is older than 2004, proceed to the steps below.
- To begin, open Settings.
- Now head over to Updates & Security, and Check for Windows update.
- Update the Windows to the latest version available.
- Now run the dialogue box and check the version of Windows again
- If it’s higher than 2004, then DirectX 12 is successfully downloaded to your Windows PC.
Download DirectX 12 for Windows 11
DirectX 12 is pre-installed on Windows 11 PCs. It doesn’t matter what version you’re running; it comes with DirectX 12 by default. You can still check for updates and install the most recent version. Now, press Windows+R and type dxdiag, then enter to check the Direct X version. Ensure that it is up to date.
Where can I download DirectX 12 offline installer?
- You can visit Microsoft’s DirectX End-User Runtime Web Offline Installer.
- Tap on the Download button (Ignore Microsoft’s recommend products).
- Download the dxwebsetup file on your PC and then run it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and then complete the installation.
- Restart your PC to see the latest DirectX 12 version on your PC.
Thanks for sticking with us all the way end to the post. What do you think about DirectX 12 and Is your Windows PC is officially supported or not? Do let us know by dropping a comment in your words down below.
Leave a Reply