Incognito mode is an implementation of private browsing. In incognito mode, you can surf the internet without chrome recording any cookies, history, password, or username. If your friends use your device, they won’t see your browsing activity. This is not helpful for everyone if you are a parent. Parents must keep in mind what their children are browsing on the internet. But this is not possible while the incognito mode is present.
So, in this blog, we are talking about how you can disable the incognito mode in your chrome browser. Follow our given below steps and turn off the incognito mode in Windows, smartphones, and macOS.
1. Disable the Incognito Mode In Windows
In the google chrome browser, there is no option to turn off the incognito mode. And also, you can’t find any option to lock or put a password on it. Then how you can disable it, follow the methods carefully.
- Open your Run program by pressing the Windows key + R key.
- Type ‘Regedit’ and click on the enter button.
- You can see the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE option in the left menu, then double-click on it.
- Next, the tab on Software>Policies.
- Now, if you see the Google name folder in the Policies folder, click on it. Or you will have to create it.
- Right-click on the policies folder, click New>Key, and rename it ‘Google’.
- Now, right-click on the Google folder and create a folder name Chrome.
- Right-click on the chrome folder, click on New, then DWORD 32-bit Value. Now change the entry name to ‘IncognitoModeAvailability’.
- Double click on it ‘IncognitoModeAvailability’, change the value to 1 and click the Ok button.
- After that close, the Window then restarts your computer. You can see no available Incognito mode in the Chrome browser.
2. Disable the Incognito Mode In macOS
Suppose you are a macOS user and want to disable the Incognito. Then this section is only for you; follow the given methods step by step.
- To do this, open the Finder App on your Mac
- Click on the Utility option
- Now, open the Terminal from the list
- In the Terminal app, type this command: defaults write com.google.chrome IncognitoModeAvailability -integer 1.
- Now, you can close the Terminal app and then restart your Mac.
- After that, you can check Google chrome.
3. Disable the Incognito Mode In Smartphones
You must use a third-party app to disable Incognito Mode on a smartphone. You cannot disable Incognito Mode directly in Chrome Settings on mobile.
One of the best apps is the Incoquito. You should use this app. With the help of the Incoquito app, you can easily remove Incognito mode from your chrome browser. This app helps you to block the Incognito mode, and also you can track all online browsing activity. After installing, you can get a list of options. With this app, you can control or disable any use of Incognito mode.