The configurations of our operating system are something that we have to take into account so that when we make use of it, we feel comfortable with its use. The sound on system startup has been present since some previous editions of Windows so when we heard that tone we already knew that a computer with that version of Windows had started. In each version, the sound has been modified, but in the editions of Windows 8 and Windows 11 the sound (although it was present), was disabled by default.
Windows 11 with its various design and environment changes, has configured the default startup sound and as expected it is a new tone, although this is something natural in Windows. We will explain two methods to you to know how to remove the startup sound of Windows 11 step by step.
Remove Windows 11 Startup Sound from Menu
- To use this method, open Settings from the Start
- Let’s go to “Personalization – Themes”
- Click on “Default Windows Sounds” and the following window will open
- Uncheck the “Play Windows Startup sound” box
- Apply the changes and thus the sound will not be present at the start of Windows 11.
Remove Startup Sound in Windows 11 via GPO
Another option to use is with group policies but this only applies in the Pro and Enterprise editions of Windows 11.
- For this, in the Windows search, we enter “gpedit” and there we select the Policy Editor, then we go to “Computer Configuration – Administrative Templates – System – Login”
- Open the “Turn off Windows startup sound” policy to see the following
- Check the “Enabled” box and apply the changes.
These two ways are functional to disable startup sound in Windows 11. In this way when you start the computer, you will not hear any startup sound.