Apple is preparing to introduce its latest iOS version, iOS 16. It is confirmed that the latest iOS 16 will be arriving on 6th June at WWDC 2022. That means iOS 16 is just on the doorstep. So, all iPhone users are eagerly waiting to update their iPhone from iOS 15 to iOS 16 version. Why not? The release of a new version is always exciting.
All the iOS users are excited about the arrival of the latest iOS 16 update. It’s quite normal; Apple always brings more new features with a new software update. Apple is expected to revamp the lock screen with widgets and new wallpapers. It will also implement an always-on display feature. Nothing will be different this time too. But keep one thing in mind, a new version may bring some bugs and glitches too. It takes several testing to perform well on a device. Many users face issues after updating their version to the newer version, such as app crashing and rapid battery drain. So, it could happen to you after you update your iPhone to iOS 16 just after the release.
If you update your iPhone to a newer iOS 16 version and you get issues, or it doesn’t perform well on your device, then no need to regret it. The good news is that you can easily downgrade your new version to an older version. The method is the same if you have ever downgraded your iPhone to an older version. Suppose you are not aware of it; no need to worry. Here, we will guide you in downgrading an iOS version to an older version.
Make sure that you have made a backup of your iPhone before proceeding with the downgrade. However, you can’t restore the iOS 16 backup on your device. It’s impossible, as the downgrade process will remove all data. But you will be able to restore your iOS 15 backups on your iPhone device.
Update 30/08/2022: Apple released the iOS 16 beta 8 with bug fixes, optimization and performance improvement. It comes with build number 20A5358a. If you own an iPhone 8 or newer, you can test the pre-release iOS 16 software by joining Beta Software Program. Navigate to the General > Software Update menu on your iPhone’s Settings app.
Steps to Downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15:
Apple doesn’t make it easy to downgrade to a previous version of iOS. It is not like Windows, where you can easily roll back an update if you don’t like the new update. The first step is to download the older iOS 15 version for your iPhone model. Apple doesn’t offer downloads itself, but there are plenty of sites that provide free downloads.
- Download the latest iOS 15 version from iPSW. You need to select the correct firmware (Signed IPSWs) for your iPhone.
- Once you have downloaded the file, connect your iOS device to a computer and open the Finder window on your PC.
- Don’t forget to backup all of your iPhone’s data to your PC.
- Now select your iOS device from the sidebar (We recommend you enable the Trust feature).
- Press and hold the Alt/Option key on your Mac or Shift key on Windows PC.
- Now hit the Restore iPhone button.
- Select the IPSW (latest iOS 15 file) you downloaded earlier and Enter the Restore and Update button.
- Click the Next button and agree to Apple’s T&Cs.
- This process shouldn’t take any longer than 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once done with the process, your iOS device will boot back into your older iOS 15 version.
Once your device has been restored, it will feature a clean copy of the iOS 15 version. To get your old apps, texts, and other data back onto the device, you will have to restore from a backup you created earlier.