If you are familiar with Windows you sure know how buggy Windows can be sometimes. To recover from startup related issues or any other annoying bugs you might need to visit the Windows recovery environment from time to time to check for details. The Windows 11 OS Recovery Environment is an operating system based on the Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE). This recovery environment includes various tools for recovering, resetting and diagnosing Windows 11 related issues.
Ways to start the Windows 11 recovery environment
Method 1: via Settings
- Open Windows 11 OS Settings by pressing Win+I
- Select System> Recovery
- In the Advanced Startup Options section, click the Restart Now button
- In the pop-up warning window, click the Restart button
Method 2: via Start Menu
This method is the easiest in my opinion.
- Open Start Menu
- Press the power button
- While holding down the Shift key, select Restart
Method 3: Via Login page
- Press the power button and hold down the Shift key and select Restart
Method 4: via CMD
You can use the command line, PowerShell or Windows Terminal to do the same using the below-mentioned command.
- Launch Command Prompt (as admin), PowerShell, or Windows Terminal
- Enter command shutdown /r /o /f /t 00 (do close all documents and programmes and save your work before running this command.)
Method 5: Automatically when issues are detected during the startup
For this option, you don’t need to do anything from your end. Windows will automatically start the recovery environment if it detects any issues starting the OS.