“Apple Watch is not updating” if you have also got into such trouble, then do not be furious. There are many reasons why Apple Watch won’t download and install. Apple Watch is also a powerful device like your iPhone. Just like you update your iPhone, it is right to update your Apple Watch regularly. You have to update it regularly for new features and bug fixes. What can you do if you try to update your Apple Watch but face the “Watch won’t update” message? Let’s find out in this guide.
Apple Watch Update Problems Include:
- Apple watch update stuck on verifying.
- Apple watch update stuck on preparing.
- Apple watch update stuck on installing.
- Apple watch update take hours.
- Unable to install the update.
Apple is now rolling out watchOS 8.5 for the Watch Series 3 and newer.
How to Update your Apple Watch?
There are two ways to update Apple Watch. One way is to update manually or update automatically.
Here is how to do it manually:
1. Open your Settings app on Apple Watch.
2. Click on the General option.
3. Then click on Software Update.
4. If a new update is available, click the Install button to start the update.
5. Make sure you don’t turn off your watch while updating software.
Now here is how to do it automatically:
You can update your watch automatically by simply turning on WiFi.
1. Open your Settings app on Apple Watch.
2. Tab the General Button.
3. Next, click on Software update.
4. Click on the Install button if any update is available.
6 Ways to Fix Apple Watch Not Updating Issue
- Troubleshooting steps.
- Restart your Apple Watch.
- Make sure Apple Watch is connected to the charger.
- Unpair your Apple Watch from your Apple phone.
- Pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone again.
- Delete the update file and reinstall.
Before following the given steps, you should check these few things once.
- Make sure your Apple Watch has a Battery life of 50% or above.
- Update your iPhone to the latest version.
- Connect Apple Watch to its charger.
Tip 1: Troubleshooting steps
If your iPhone is up to date and your Apple Watch is charged but still not updated. This problem can happen due to many reasons. Then follow these steps to solve the won’t update issue.
1. Restart your Apple Watch.
2. You can restart your Apple Watch by turning off the watch and then turning on the Apple Watch again (Because there is no restart option on the Apple Watch, just like your iPhone).
3. Press and hold the side button on the Apple Watch.
4. Drag the Power of the Slider to the right side.
5. When the Watch turns off, wait 30 seconds and then hold the side button on the watch.
Tip 2: Restart your Apple Watch
This tip might be the easiest tip to solve your issue. Just restart your Apple Watch and check if this solves your problem.
Tip 3: Make sure Apple Watch is connected to the charger
This problem can sometimes happen due to Apple Watch not being on the charger and getting charged more than 50% or higher. So at the time of updating, plug it into the charger.
Tip 4: Unpair your Apple Watch from your Apple phone
If your problem is not solved after following the previous steps, you can unpair your Apple Watch with an Apple phone. Let’s follow these steps
1. Open the Watch App on your Apple Phone.
2. Click on the My Watch tab and All Watches at the top of the screen.
3. Click on the info icon on the right to unpair the watch.
4. Select unpair Apple Watch and click Unpair ‘Name’ Apple Watch.
5. After clicking that button, your Apple Watch is unpaired.
Tip 5: Pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone again
After unpairing the Apple Watch with your iPhone, now time to pair your watch again.
1. When your Apple Watch is on, then hold your watch close to your phone until the pairing.
2. Or you manually try to pair the Apple watch with your phone.
3. Open the Watch App on your iPhone and click on the pair New Watch button.
4. When the Pairing screen appears on your iPhone, click the Continue button.
5. After clicking the Continue button, both devices will pair.
Tip 6: Delete the update file and reinstall
If your Apple Watch doesn’t update at all now, you can try to delete the previous update files.
1. Open the Apple Watch App and click the General option.
2. Click the Usage button and tab the Software Update option.
3. Now, you can delete all your updated files.
4. Then, the update is automatically re-downloaded.
I hope these tips helped you to update your Apple Watch.
Leave a Reply