Apple recently released iOS 16 with some new and exciting features. One of them is the plethora of Lock Screen customization. This is one of the most eye-grabbing features because you can customize the Lock Screen with new wallpapers. You can personalize the wallpapers with the Depth Effect feature and add some illusion of depth to Lock Screen wallpapers.
Some users reported that there is no such effect when they check the depth effect on their phone screen. This blog is only for you if this is happening to you. We are discussing how you can fix the depth effect not working in iOS 16 on iPhone. We provide some ways to fix the issue.
How to Fix Depth Effect Not Working in iOS 16?
There is some reason that the depth effect is not working in iOS 16. This could happen if you are using an outdated OS. Or sometimes, if you use a photo that has multiple subjects. On your iPhone lock screen, have Widgets. So, follow the below methods, and thus the depth effect is not working.
- Make sure your iPhone has supported depth effect
- Check Enable Depth Effect or not
- Use a supported wallpaper
- Add a New lock screen
- Remove all Widget
- Check you are using a JPEG
- Restart your iPhone
Method 1: Make sure your iPhone has supported depth effect
Before using the depth effect on your iPhone, check whether your phone supports iOS 16 or not. If your iPhone is not supported, then you have to upgrade your iPhone. We mentioned some of the iPhone lists that are capable of depth effect.
- iPhone 14, 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro, 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 13, 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone SE 2
- iPhone SE 3
Method 2: Check whether Enable Depth Effect or not
On your iPhone, if the depth effect is not working, then check whether the depth effect is enabled or not. Generally, the depth effect feature is automatically enabled on iOS 16. But some users reported that when they checked the depth effect, they found it disabled. So, you have to check them by following the below steps.
- Firstly unlock the phone using the Face ID
- Open Customize option by pressing the lock screen
- Now, click on Customize
- Select Three-Horizontal Dot
- Click on the Depth Effect or tick mark on the button
- Click on the Ok button
Note: If your option is already enabled, try turning on or off the Depth feature.
Method 3: Use a supported wallpaper
If you use wallpaper with many subjects, the Depth effect sometimes might not work. Or which image you are using that subject is not visible properly. So you can select a new image or wallpaper for your iPhone Lock Screen. Then recheck the problem.
Method 4: Add a New lock screen
If your Lock Screen is not visible clearly, try adding a new lock screen. And fix the depth effect that is not working on your iOS 16.
- Long press on the Lock Screen
- Click on Plus Icon and then click Photos
- Now, select Albums
- Swipe down to the Media Types section and click the Portrait option. Please select an image and make it a lock screen.
- Click on the Three Dots and click Enable depth effect.
Method 5: Remove all Widget
Remove all Widgets you are using on your Lock Screen because the widget sometimes messes up this effect. So, if you want to use a depth effect, follow the steps below.
- Press your Lock screen for a moment to open a Customize button
- Click on the Customize Button
- Select Widget Triangle to enter edit mode
- Now click on Remove Icon present above every widget
- Then check the Depth effect
Method 6: Check you are using a JPEG
The iOS 16 Lock Screen Depth effect must work only on an image in JPEG format because the other format is incompatible with the iOS 16 iPhone. Now check the image format and change it.
- Open the Photo Apps and click the Photo section
- At the bottom of the screen, click the ‘i’ Icon
- Now, check the image format under the Camera Information Section.
Method 7: Restart your iPhone
If your problem is not fixed and till now you are suffering from the Depth Effect not working on iOS 16. Then, you have to reset your phone now. So, follow the steps to restart your iPhone.
- Keep pressing Volume Key until the Power Off Menu is not see
- now, drag the slider to switch the device off
- After that, wait some time and press the Side key to turn off the device.
- That’s it; your iPhone will be restarted.
We hope you will successfully solve the depth effect not working in iOS 16 on iPhone. We provided lots of methods to fix the problem. Follow carefully one by one. If you have any questions, let us know in the comment section.