At the current time, Instagram is the most popular social media platform. You can easily share your favourite photos and videos on Instagram. Imagine what happens when you take a picture to upload on your Instagram story, but Instagram does not let you go to upload the image. This type of issue is rarely seen on Instagram. Some Instagram users reported that they had faced this issue when they wanted to share a photo on an Instagram story.
So in this blog, we are discussing how you can fix it if Instagram “Doesn’t Let Me Post” error occurs. There are some ways you can fix Instagram issues quickly. This problem can happen due to many reasons. So, we have to find the right solution.
Why does Instagram not let me Post Videos and Photos?
There can be many reasons for the error of Instagram’s “Doesn’t Let Me Post”. We provide some most important reasons that are common for uploading issues on Instagram.
- Your video or picture format fails to identify by Instagram.
- You have a poor internet connection.
- Your pictures or video violating of Instagram community guidelines.
- Your Instagram account might be banned, blocked, or disabled from posting activity.
- You uploaded too many posts in one day.
- You are using the outdated Instagram version.
- Instagram has detected you use any third-party apps.
8 Ways to Fix The “Instagram Won’t Let Me Post” Issues.
So, let’s talk about how you can fix the “Instagram Won’t Let Me Post” issue. We are providing some methods; you can follow them step by step.
- Restart your device
- Clear the Instagram cache
- Reset your network connection
- Reduce your file size
- Update your Instagram app
- Free up your phone storage space
- Uninstall Third-party apps
- Change Instagram data settings
Method 1: Restart your device
In the first method, you are trying to restart your phone. This is the easiest way to fix any temporary or minor issues. A simple restart solves the problem if your phone has any software issues.
- If you are using an android phone, hold and press the power button until you don’t see the reboot option. Now, click on the restart button.
- Or, if you are using an iPhone, press and hold the power and home button until the Apple logo appears.
- The iPhone 11 or higher user holds the volume keys or down button and power button for 4 seconds until you see the Apple logo.
Method 2: Clear the Instagram cache
If you are an Android user, follow these steps and fix the Instagram issues.
- Go to your phone settings
- Select app settings and
- Click on the clear cache option.
If you are an iOS user, follow these steps and fix the Instagram issues.
- Go to your iPhone settings.
- Please scroll down to the General option, then click on it.
- Click on the iPhone storage.
- Now, navigate the Instagram app.
- Click ok the icon and then click offload app.
If the Instagram problem doesn’t solve, delete the app and reinstall it.
Method 3: Reset your network connection
These errors can happen if you use a poor or unstable network connection. Instagram doesn’t recommend an unstable network. Change your Instagram data settings and try to solve the issues.
- Open your Instagram app.
- On the left side, click on your profile.
- On the top right corner, click on the three lines.
- Now, click ok the settings.
- Go to Account and then tap on the data usage.
- Toggle off the “Use Less cellular data”.
Method 4: Reduce your file size
You might encounter an uploading issue if you try to upload a heavy photo or video. Instagram will stop you as the app has a size limit because the Instagram app allows you only 60 sec of videos with a size of a maximum of 4 GB.
Instagram Image Post size:
- 1080px by 1080px with an expect ratio 1:1
- 1080px by 566px with an expect ratio 1.91:1
- 1080px by 1350px with a expect ratio 4:5
Instagram video post size limit:
- Expect a ratio between 1.91:1 to 4.5
- The horizontal video expect ratio is 16.9
- Maximum video size 4GB
- Max length of the video is 60 sec
Method 5: Update your Instagram app
We are trying to update the Instagram app to the latest version in this method. So, follow the given steps.
- Open your Google Play Store or the Apple store.
- Type the Instagram app on the search bar.
- Click ok the Instagram app.
- Now, click on the update option.
- After updating your Instagram, then check the problem.
Method 6: Free up your phone storage space
If your phone storage is full, then you aren’t able to upload any videos or images because Instagram saves uploaded pictures or videos on your phone storage. So you have to delete or uninstall some unwanted apps or data from your phone.
Or you can disable the Save posted media option. Follow the below step to disable the settings.
- Go to your Instagram app settings.
- Now click on the Account.
- Navigate the Original post settings, then click on it.
- Disable the Save posted videos and Same posted photos on the next page.
Method 7: Uninstall Third-party apps
If you are using some third-party apps, you need to uninstall them. Using third-party apps can cause such issues on the Instagram app. Some users want to buy fake followers by using third-party apps; this is against the guidelines of Instagram. That’s why Instagram can block your Account.
Method 8: Change Instagram data settings
Instagram disables some of the bulk uploading features to save your internet data. So, in this step, you can disable the Instagram data saver settings. Follow our given below methods step by step.
- Open your Instagram app, then go to the Profile settings.
- Click on the ‘Account’ option.
- Navigate the “Mobile Data Usages” settings.
- Now disable the ‘Data Saver option.
After all these steps, We hope your problem will be fixed, and you can upload your images and videos on the Instagram app.
Leave a Reply