Several users have reported the BSOD ( Blue Screen of Death) errors on their Windows 11 operating system. BSOD errors are common in Windows. It may have different error codes. Unfortunately, the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error is one of them. The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error is pretty well known from Windows 10, and it seems you may encounter this problem on Windows 11.
What is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error?
The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error is mainly a memory-related issue; when a system process or a device driver needs access to a memory address but it doesn’t have the right to that.
Why the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error occurs in Windows 11?
The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error on Windows 11 is a BSOD usually caused by memory problems or system corruption. The error code could also be triggered by a virus or malware that has infected your system. There could be other reasons, such as:
- Faulty RAM.
- Corrupted System Files.
- Outdated drivers.
- Overclocked CPU & GPU.
- Overheating components.
- Outdated Windows OS.
- Unstable drivers.
There is nothing to worry about if you face the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error in your Windows 11 operating system. Thankfully there are several solutions to fix this issue. This article is dedicated to discussing all the best possible methods to eliminate the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error on Windows 11.
7 Solutions to Fix IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error in Windows 11
- Run Memory Diagnostics.
- Scan Windows System Files.
- Check the Driver for errors.
- Scan your System for viruses.
- Update, uninstall or roll back your drivers.
- Perform a System Restore.
- Reset your System.
Solution No 1: Run Memory Diagnostics
You can use Windows Memory Diagnostics to scan your PC for any problem related to memory and hardware. Follow our given steps:
- Search Memory Diagnostics in the start menu.
- Open it.
- Now you will see two options in the Window Memory Diagnostics.
- Please select any one option between them.
- After that, you will get to know what the problem is.
This tool will return the Error you face, and you may fix it.
Solution No 2: Scan Windows System Files
Another effective method is to run SFC Scan. SFC (System File Checker) will scan your PC for any corrupted files causing the issue and fix them. You should run an SFC scan on your PC if you encounter the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error on your Windows 11 operating system due to some corrupted system files. Below are the steps to run the SFC scan.
- In the start menu, search CMD.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and click on the run as administrator.
- Now type the command SFC/scannow in the Command Prompt and hit Enter.
- This will start scanning your PC.
- Once the process is completed, close the Command Prompt.
- Now check if you are still facing the issue or not.
Follow our other solutions if this method doesn’t help you get rid of the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error.
Solution No 3: Check the Driver for Errors
You may face the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error in your Windows 11 due to disk driver errors. To check the Driver for errors, follow our guidelines below.
- Search CMD in the start menu.
- Now select run as administrator to start Command Prompt.
- Then type the command chkdsk C:/f in the window and hit Enter to run it.
- This command will check the C: drive on your PC.
This method will check if there are any driver errors on your System.
Solution No 4: Scan your System for viruses
The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error could also be triggered by a virus or malware infection of your System. So we recommend you perform a full scan of your System by using Microsoft Defender.
- Search Windows Security in the search box and select the app.
- Now click on Virus & threat protection.
- Click on the Scan options.
- Now select the Microsoft Defender Offline scan option.
- Hit the Scan now button.
- After completing the scan, restart your PC.
- Now check whether the issue still appears or not.
However, If you have a third-party antivirus, you can use it. We have shown you by using Microsoft Defender.
Solution No 5: Update, uninstall or rollback your drivers
It would be best if you were careful of driver updates, or else the PC would end up with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error. We will show you how to uninstall/rollback or update it below.
- Type Device Manager in the search box and open the app.
- Navigate to the Display Adapters option.
- Select the Driver and right-click on it.
- Go to the Properties option from the list.
- Now click on Driver from the main menu.
- Click on Update Driver if any update is available.
- Then select Search automatically for drivers.
- Click on Roll Back Driver to uninstall your current driver version.
This method may help you fix the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error on your Windows 11 operating system.
Solution No 6: Perform a System Restore
Performing a System Restore is one of the easy methods that can fix the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error in Windows 11. However, note that this method will only work if you have created a system restore point earlier.
- Search for the create a restore point in the start menu.
- This will open the System Protection tab in System Properties.
- Now click on the System Restore option.
- Click on choose the preferred restore point on the next window.
- Select the restore point and click on next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to revert your System.
Solution No 7: Reset your System
If the above methods don’t work to fix the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error problem, you should try our last solution. Resetting your System is one of the most reliable methods to straighten out issues on your PC. To do so, follow our steps below:
- Click on the start menu and go to Settings.
- Hit on Windows Update from the left pane.
- Select Advanced options.
- Now click on Recovery from the list of options.
- Click on the Reset PC button.
- Now you will get two options. We recommend you go with the first option.
- After that, you will get two options again.
- Select the Cloud download option (recommend).
- Windows 11 will be downloaded and reinstalled on your PC if all the requirements are met.
We hope resetting your System will fix the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error on your Windows 11 OS.
We hope you managed to fix the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error on your PC by using one of our solutions, and now your PC is working fine. We wait for your input in the comments section below for any suggestions or questions.