Several Windows users are reporting a BSOD error on Windows 10 or 11. The Blue Screen Of Death errors, also known as BSOD errors, is one of the most serious issues on Windows 11 or 10. The Machine Check exception BSOD error can be caused by faulty hardware on the system. Like, if the fans can’t deliver good cooling. So always try to keep the fans, RAM slots, Motherboard, etc from dust. Don’t worry, if you are annoyed with this error message. Just follow our given guidelines below.
5 Ways to Fix Machine Check Exception Error in Windows 11 or 10
- Remove newly added USB devices from your system.
- Uninstall recently installed drivers.
- Run Disk checking operation (SFC Scan and CHKDSK Command).
- Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.
- Use or run the Startup Repair.
Tip 1: Remove newly added USB devices from your system
Machine Check Exception error may occur due to plugging in the new USB adapter to your PC.
- Shut Down your PC.
- Plug out the USB devices from the USB port.
- Now, restart your system and check whether you are facing the problem again.
If the error doesn’t appear, then the USB was the problem.
Tip 2: Uninstall recently installed drivers
If you have installed a new driver for your system, this might be the problem for facing the Machine Check Exception Error on your PC. So, you should uninstall the driver.
- Go to Device Manager and open it.
- Here, you will be able to see all drivers installed in your system.
- Right-click on the driver.
- Click on Uninstall Device.
- Tap on Uninstall when a warning message appears.
- Once done the process, this will remove the faulty driver from your system.
- Restart your PC check the status of the issue.
We hope, it will solve your issue.
Tip 3: Run Disk checking operation(SFC Scan and CHKDSK Command)
System File Checker or SFC is the in-built system tool to let you scan your system for issues caused due to corrupted system files. Follow the given steps to run the SFC scan.
- Open Start Menu.
- Search CMD.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and click on the Run as administrator.
- You will get UAC.
- Click on Yes to run the Command Prompt.
- Type the command sfc/scannow in the Command Prompt and hit Enter.
- Once done the processed, close the Command Prompt.
- Now, restart the PC and check the issue.
If running the SFC Scan doesn’t solve the problem, then you should try using the CHKDSK command. Follow the guidelines.
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type chkdsk /r command and hit Enter.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Restart your PC and it should solve your issue now.
Tip 4: Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
You should try running Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and analyze the memory for all the issues, and fix them. You may face this issue with problematic RAM. To run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, follow the steps one by one.
- Open Start Menu by pressing the Windows Key.
- Search Windows Memory Diagnostic and press Enter to open the app.
- Now in the app, click on the Restart and check for problems option.
- Now, your PC will restart and will check for all the problems with the RAM.
- If the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool finds any issues with RAM then it will fix them.
If no issue is found in the RAM, then you are probably facing the Machine Check Exception problem due to other reasons.
Tip 5: Use or Run the Startup Repair
Another thing that you can try doing is running the Startup Repair. It can solve hardware-related problems like the BSOD issue. All the procedures are given below. Follow them.
- Open the Settings app on your PC by pressing the Windowa+I key together.
- Press on the recovery option.
- Now, click on the Restart button right next to the Advanced Startup.
- It will open in Windows Recovery Environment.
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- On the next window, click on Advanced Options.
- Click on Startup Repair.
- The Startup Repair will start and your issue should be fixed by now.
So, we have given you some helpful guidelines. Try them and should be fixed your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION issues. If none of them helps you, then you should check the hardware. Some faulty hardware may also be the reason behind facing the issue.