But some users are facing some problems with this tool. The problem is like when you check the task manager; it shows that the windows widgets are consuming 32%-33% of the CPU power. It shows some applications are running in the background. So, we have some tips to solve the problem.
Ways to fix MSEdgeWebView2.exe on Windows 11
- Repair/ uninstall MSEdgeWebViews2.
- Clean Boot.
- Test on another User Profile.
- Uninstall the third-party anti-malware.
- Repair your system files.
Let us talk about them in detail.
Method 1: Repair/ uninstall MSEdgeWebViews2
Repair: This is the first basic step to repair the tool and check for any improvement. For repairing the tool, follow my steps below–
1. Go to Settings.
2. Click Apps.
3. Select Apps & features.
4. Find Microsoft Edge Webview2.
5. Click on the three dots for more options.
6. Select Modify and Click the repair button.
Uninstall: After repairing the tool hope, you will get a good result. If repairing the tool doesn’t help fix your problem, you should uninstall it also; if you are not using any Web Apps that repair Microsoft Edge Webview2, there is no need to reinstall it. It may help to solve the problem.
Method 2: Clean Boot
You can use another method called Clean Boot. It determines if a background program is interfering with or optimising system load. Then follow the steps below
1. Press Commonly Windows + R
2. In the Run Menu, type the Command MSConfig
3. Then click ok to open the System Configuration
4. On the service tab, check the option hide all Microsoft Services and disable all
5. click applies and ok
6. Restart your computer.
If the problem is resolved, you can selectively enable the program and services starting with Windows.
Method 3: Test on another User’s Profile
You can try to create a new administrator user account. Your user’s profile is a set of settings that make your computer look and work the way you want it to. Follow my steps to change the user account
1. Go to the Settings options
2. Click Account
3. Then click family & Others users
4. Click add account and create a new profile.
After solving the problem, you can transfer the data to the new user.
Method 4: Uninstall the third-party anti-malware
Many antiviruses have their removal tool so that you can Uninstall any third-party anti-Malware. Your system will not be unprotected as Windows has a security system that automatically enables it as soon as it restarts your computer. So follow these steps
1. Press Windows + I
2. Click Privacy & Security
3. Then windows security
4. Virus and Threat protection
5. Then scan options
6. Last offline scan.
Method 5: Repair your system files
If above all doesn’t work, you may repair your system. To repair your system files, you must follow the below steps
1. Select the command prompt with admin rights
2. Command the following words:
3. After that, click Y bottom and restart your computer.
I hope your MSEdgeWebView2.exe issue will be solved.