Some users reported that they have been facing issues like slow PC performance, low disk space, frequent crashes, etc.; when they check the Task Manager, a process called PC-Doctor Module is running in the background. This Module takes a lot of CPU and RAM usage. Generally, PC-Doctor is a part of Dell SupportAssist. It is an app and comes with almost all the Dell Computers.
If you are also stuck in this PC Doctor Module High CPU usage issue, then in this blog, we are talking about how to fix Doctor Module High CPU usage on Windows computers.
What is PC Doctor Module?
We already discussed that the PC Doctor Module is a component provided by Dell with their computers. A Dell SupportAssist allows you to download drivers and do minute troubleshooting. It helps you detect the problem and then send the report to Dell Technical Support.
Is PC Doctor Module a Virus or a Malware?
PC Doctor Module is a part of Dell SupportAssist, so it is a genuine process. But you still don’t believe it and want to check the fact. Then, follow these steps.
- Right-click on the Windows icon and click the Task Manager.
- Under the Processes tab, navigates the PC Doctor Module.
- Right-click on the PC Doctor Module and click on Open File Location.
- Check the location if anything is different from the following. Then the file is a threat.
C:\ Program Files\ Dell\ SupportAssistAgent\ PDCr\ SupportAssists\
If you confirm that the PC Doctor Module is a Virus. Then, you can scan your computer by using antivirus or use Windows Defender. Follow our given steps to use Windows Defender and scan your system.
- In the Start Menu, search “Windows Security”.
- Now, go to Virus & threat protection and then scan option.
- Open on Microsoft Defender Offline scan and click on Scan Now.
- After completing your scan, then check the issue.
How to Fix PC Doctor Module High CPU Usage?
- Change Dell SupportAssist Services startup type.
- Turn off automatic Dell SupportAssist scans.
- Uninstall Dell SupportAssist.
Method 1: Change Dell SupportAssist Services startup type
Follow our steps to Change the Dell SupportAssist Service startup type.
- In the Search bar, type Service, then click the Enter button.
- Now, navigate the Dell SupportAssist.
- Right-click on the service and click on the properties.
- Change the Startup type to Manual and click Apply and ok.
- Now, restart your computer and check the Task Manager.
Method 2: Turn off automatic Dell SupportAssist scans
You can try to Turn off the automatic Dell SupportAssist scan. When you disable the automated scan, it stops scanning your computer from time to time. So, it doesn’t take a lot of resources. Now, follow the given methods step by step.
- In the Search bar, type “SupportAssist” and search.
- Under the Best match section, click on the SupportAssist.
- Go to SupportAssist Schedule Scan and click on the Gear icon at the upper right corner of the SupportAssist windows.
- Now, untick the Automatic scans and optimisation to disable it.
- After that, restart your computer and then check the High CPU usage.
Method 3: Uninstall Dell SupportAssist
Suppose the previous two methods do not work and still PC-Doctor Module running in the windows background. Then, you can try Uninstalling the Dell SupportAssist app, and it will resolve the issue. Now, follow the given steps and Uninstall it.
- Open the Settings in your Windows.
- Go to the Apps location.
- Navigate the Dell SupportAssist.
- If your System is based on Windows 11, then click on the three vertical dots and click Uninstall.
- Or, if your system is based on Windows 10, select the app and click on Uninstall.
We hope your issue is fixed, and we are glad to help you.