If you are a Mac user and whenever you log into the Mac, there is a message before logging in. Some users reported a warning message “Your screen is being observed” on Mac’s Lock screen. And also, they may see two rectangle icons, “Overlapping squares”, in the Apple status Menu Bar.
Suppose you get this message on your Mac, then don’t panic because some users are scared when they see this kind of message. They think their Mac was hacked or tracked by the hacker. But we can tell you one thing it’s nothing like that on your Mac. This blog will discuss how to fix your screen in being observed on Mac.
6 Ways to fix the “Your Screen is Being Observed” error on Mac
- Use Third-party Apps.
- You are using screen recording on Mac.
- You are sharing your screen.
- Disable Startup Service & Items in Mac.
- You are using Airplay.
- Reinstall your macOS.
Method 1: Use Third-party Apps
Sometimes Third-party apps may cause this issue. Because some apps have to allow a screen recording system, this could be a reason. So, you can check the privacy & security preferences by following our steps.
- Open your System Preferences on your Mac and click Security & Privacy.
- Select the Screen Recording then you can see a list of apps that are permitted to record the screen’s contents.
- If you want to prevent an app from recording, then deselect it.
Or you can uninstall the Third-party apps. Follow our step by step.
- Open the go and click on the application.
- Select the Application form and click Control + Application.
- On the following window menu, select Move to Trash.
- Now, restart your Mac and check the error message.
Method 2: You are using screen recording on Mac
The first method discussed how such an issue could happen if you use screen recording. When you use screen recording, it will continue when you lock your Mac or use sleep mode. But when you stop screen recording, you see that message disappears.
So, check if you are running the screen recording app on Mac, and then you need to stop the recording. Follow our guidelines to check and stop screen recording.
- On your Mac, open Security & Privacy in the settings.
- In Privacy, click on the Screen Recording and the stop recording icon at the menu bar.
- Or you can press Command + Control + Esc on your Mac to stop the screen recording.
- After that, restart your Mac and check the error message.
Method 3: Sharing your screen
Sometimes this error could happen if you share your screen locally or remotely. Then you see the error message “your screen is being observed” on your Mac. So, you can check it and turn off the screen sharing settings.
- Open your Apple menu and click System Preferences.
- Now, click the Sharing.
- If the Screen Sharing checkbox is selected, then deselect them.
- After turning off the Screen Sharing settings then, check the error message.
Method 4: Disable Startup Service & Items in Mac
The Startup Service & item is running in the background silently on your Mac system. This startup service and the item may cause this issue or error. Some users reported that it works to solve and fix the problem when they turn off or disable the startup service and item. So, you can follow our given steps and disable the startup service and item.
- Click on the Apple menu and then the System Preference option.
- Open the Users & group option.
- Click on the Login item and check the auto-login application.
- In the next window, to find out the startup daemons added by the third-party program, navigate the location ~/ Library/ Launchagents,~/ Library/ LaunchDaemons/
- Now, select the startup services and turn off the services and items.
After that, check the error message on your Mac.
Method 5: You are using Airplay
Suppose you are an AirPlay user and streaming video on your Apple TV or mirror your Mac’s screen to your Apple Tv. Then on your Mac, this message will disappear. Follow our given steps.
- In the Apple menu bar, click on the Airplay icon
- Then, turn off the airPlay.
- Or you can go to the System Preference.
- Go to the Display, and in the AirPlay Display, select the off option.
- Now, check the issue.
Method 6: Reinstall your macOS
If the above methods don’t work, you can reinstall your macOS. And try to fix this error message. Before reinstalling your macOS try to backup your important files and data on your Mac system. So, follow our given methods and successfully reinstall your macOS.
- Power off your device, then press and hold the power button when you see the Loading startup options.
- Click on the options icon, then click on continue.
- Intel-based Mac users need to reboot their Mac system.
- After rebooting, press and hold the Option + Command + R keys, suppose you want to install the latest version of the macOS.
- When you see the recovery app window, move forward and select Reinstall macOS or install macOS option.
- Now, click on the Continue button.
- Next, follow the on-screen instruction and then complete the installation process.
- After that, complete the reinstalling process and recheck the error message.
We hope your problem “your screen is being observed” will be fixed and you will never see this message again.