WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app in the world. In the app, you can easily send messages to your partners and do voice and video calling. There are almost 2 billion active users of WhatsApp all over the world. But sometimes, even on WhatsApp, you can face some problems. One of them is WhatsApp not connecting to Wi-Fi.
In this guide blog, we are discussing how you can fix WhatsApp not connecting to Wi-Fi. Some WhatsApp users reported that when they try to connect with Wi-Fi, it is not connecting. So, we provide some ways by following them you can fix your problem.
Why is WhatsApp Not Connecting To Wi-Fi?
There are many reasons cause WhatsApp does not connect to Wi-Fi. We provide here some of the reasons.
- If you are using an older or outdated version of WhatsApp
- The cache memory problem
- If your WhatsApp server issue
- Some operating system issue
- If Your WhatsApp data files are corrupted
Due to these reasons, you cannot connect to WhatsApp Wi-Fi. If you want to fix the WhatsApp problem, you can uninstall the oldest version of WhatsApp. And reinstall the latest version of WhatsApp.
Some Ways To Fix The WhatsApp Not Connecting To Wi-Fi
- Update your WhatsApp Application
- Update your operation system
- Restart your phone and router
- Clear your WhatsApp cache memory
- Disconnect and reconnect Wi-Fi
- Turn off Roaming and Airplane Mode
- Keep on your background data
Method 1: Update your WhatsApp Application
If you use an old version of WhatsApp, you will face such an error. So, we are talking about how you can fix the issue WhatsApp does not connect to Wi-Fi by updating your WhatsApp application. Outdated versions always provide you with some bugs and glitches. So, follow the given step to update.
- Open your Play Store or AppStore and search WhatsApp.
- In the WhatsApp app, check if there is any update available or not.
- If yes, then click on the update and install button
- After some time, your WhatsApp will be updated.
Method 2: Update your operation system
You must update your operating system if a new software version is available.
- Go to your mobile settings and click on the About Phone section
- Now, click on the check of update option
- If any updates are available, then click on them and follow the steps
- After some time, it will reboot your phone.
Method 3: Restart your phone and router
This method restarts your phone and tries to fix the issue. It will shut off the system for a while and reboot. Also, you can try rebooting your router. So, follow the below steps to restart your phone and router.
- Press your Phones power button until you can see the restart menu
- But you still press the button, and after a few seconds, your phone automatically restarts.
- Now, you can turn off the Wi-Fi router and reboot it after a minute
Now, you can try to connect WhatsApp with Wi-Fi. I hope restarting your phone and router will fix the problem.
Method 4: Clear your WhatsApp cache memory
Clear your WhatsApp cache memory will help you increase your application’s loading time because cache memory saves lots of application information. So, it will slow down your phone. So, WhatsApp is struggling to connect the Wi-Fi. Clear the cache memory to fix the WhatsApp not connecting to the Wi-Fi problem.
Follow these to Clear cache memory.
- Open your phone settings.
- Navigate the app settings and click them
- Click on the Apps and find WhatsApp and click on it.
- In the permission settings, you can see the clear cache and click on it
- After that, it will clear the cache and try to connect with Wi-Fi.
Method 5: Disconnect and reconnect Wi-Fi
Now, we are trying to fix WhatsApp not connecting to the Wi-Fi issue by disconnecting your Wi-Fi. So, now you can disconnect your Wi-Fi and try to reconnect with a different Wi-Fi network. If you have any other Wi-Fi connection, then connect to it. And check whether your WhatsApp is properly connected or not.
Method 6: Turn off Roaming and Airplane Mode
This method helps you to fix the WhatsApp not connecting to Wi-Fi issue. So, follow the given procedures carefully.
- Open your phone’s settings
- Navigate your Connectivity Settings.
- Now, turn off the Airplane mode along with the roaming
These features must be turned on at all times, and you can leave them off while browsing your phone.
- In the Next step, go to your phone settings.
- Open Cellular and click on the Cellular Data Option.
- Toggle Roaming to off
Method 7: Keep on your background data
In the last method, we are trying to turn on your WhatsApp background data and try to fix the WhatsApp not connecting to Wi-Fi problem. So, if WhatsApp is running in the background and connected to Wi-Fi. Then you have to check WhatsApp background data settings.
If WhatsApp background data is turned off, you must turn it on. By following our given below steps.
- Go to your phone’s Settings
- Navigate the background App Management
- Then, click on the battery option and click on the manage background apps.
- Now, you can turn it on.
We hope you will fix your WhatsApp not connecting to the Wi-Fi issue using these methods.