Several users have been reporting the xvdd SCSI Miniport issue on their Windows 10 or Windows 11 operating system. Users constantly get a notification that says Restart Required, which could be a real hassle for no practical reason. So, in this article, we are going to discuss this problem and will provide some easy solutions to fix the problem.
Xvdd SCSI Miniport
‘xvdd’ stands for Xen Virtual Disk D which is a virtual disk storage drive. Even the name says it is not physically connected to our system. This type of storage drive is used by specific software/games for particular purposes like creating virtual disks to store the software/game data.
SCSI stands for Small Computer System Interface. It means a set of standard interfaces and physical transfer protocols used to connect peripherals to the computer. Earlier it was vastly used in devices like DC-DVD writes, floppy drives, scanners, etc. Later its use was depreciated due to increasing the use of SATA. Mainly the SCSI was designed to be performance-oriented and provides an even faster transfer rate.
There could be any reasons for suffering the xvdd SCSI Miniport problem in Windows. Suppose, you might have recently installed a new software/game on your computer. Windows 11/10 updates also could be the reason for this issue. Anyways, whatever the reasons, we will try to provide the best solutions available to fix the problem.
4 ways to fix xvdd SCSI Miniport problem in Windows
- Check and update xvdd SCSI Miniport Driver.
- Try updating your Windows Operating System.
- Update gaming services.
- Uninstall the Xbox app from your computer.
Method 1: Check and update xvdd SCSI Miniport Driver
First, check the xvdd SCSI Miniport driver status. If it is showing up in your Device Manager as unrecognized. In that case, your operating system constantly notifies you to restart your PC to get the system working correctly. That means you might not have a compatible driver for this visual SCSI device. Here are the guidelines.
- Search Device Manager at Windows Search Box.
- Click on Action.
- Go to Scan for hardware changes.
- Locate the xvdd SCSI Miniport Driver and right-click on it.
- Select Update Driver and follow on-screen instructions until the process is completed.
- Once done with the process, Restart your computer and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
Method 2: Try updating your Windows Operating System:
If you are facing the xvdd SCSI Miniport issue, you can fix it by updating your operating system. To update your Windows, follow the given steps below.
- Open the Settings app on your PC.
- Go to Update & Security.
- Head to the Windows Update section.
- Click Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, just update the Windows.
- After finishing the update, Restart your PC.
Method 3: Update gaming services:
Updating the Windows gaming services might help get rid of the xvdd SCSI Miniport system reboot problem. Especially, if you are an Xbox desktop application user. Following the given steps you can update your Windows gaming services.
- Open the Microsoft Store app on your PC.
- Search for Gaming Services.
- Now, update it.
- Once finish the update, restart your system and check the issue.
Method 4: Uninstall the Xbox app from your computer:
Remove Xbox app from your system, if you do not play games using the Xbox desktop application. Uninstalling the Xbox app from your PC might help to fix the xvdd SCSI Miniport issue. It would also free up the storage from your hard disk. So, it is better to remove it from your system. Here are the steps how to uninstall the Xbox app from your computer.
- Open Control panel in Windows PC.
- Head to the Uninstall a Program under Programs and click on it.
- Locate Xbox in the list.
- Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- Now, restart your system and check if the issue is resolved.
We are sure, any of these given solutions will help you to resolve the xvdd SCSI Miniport restart problem on your Windows operating system. It is not that big issue for most users who do not play games or have Xbox installed on their system. But, it could be a problem for gamers. We will be very pleased if these solutions help you to fix the issue you are facing. Just follow our all useful guidelines. Please write your queries in the comment box below.
Leave a Reply