Genshin Impact is a Chinese open world game which is developed by Mihoyo. This game has become very popular from the day of its release. This game is free, So many players are downloading it and playing it. The Genshin Impact game is available in all operating systems other than macOS such as Android, PC, PS4, and iOS mobile devices.
So if you are a macOS user and you want to play the Genshin Impact game on Macbook pro or any other device then don’t worry we have brought this article only for you. We are talking about how you can download and play Genshin Impact on Mac.
Can I play Genshin Impact on Mac?
If you are a Mac user and love the Genshin Impact game and you want to play this game then Yes you can play. Generally, the Genshin Impact game is not yet released for macOS devices according to MiHoYo. There are a few ways you can play this Genshin Impact game on your Mac. To play the Genshin Impact on macOS a lot of patients and effort is needed. Also, the steps are not that easy.
We should not forget that the Genshin Impact is not released on macOS yet. So to play it you have to make MacOS a Windows PC.
The recommended system requirement to play Genshin Impact on Mac
What system is required if you want to play Genshin Impact on Mac? We are providing the minimum configuration required to play.
- CPU : Intel i5-9400f 2-90Gz or equivalent
- GPU: Minimum GTX 1050 Ti or Radeon R7 370
- RAM: 8 GB DDR4/5
- OS: Windows 7/8/10/11
- Storage: At least 30 GB
- DirectX Version : 11
Install Windows 10 Boot Camp on Mac to Play Genshin Impact locally
In order to install Windows 10 on mac first, you need to install Boot camp on Mac. Without installing windows you can’t play. However, Microsoft still doesn’t allow any other ARM devices to run Windows. So here we are talking about how to install windows on Mac.
- Go to the Microsoft Official website and then download the Windows 10 file (Don’t need to buy a Windows 10 license you can download free Windows 10 on a Mac)
- You can choose the 64-bit version of Windows 10 only and select the folder location where you want to download and install the Windows and tab on Save to download it.
- Now open your search bar and type Bootcamp Assistant and open it. Bootcamp Assistant finds the ISO image file or you can manually locate it on your Mac.
- Make sure you have a maximum of 100GB free of space to the Windows 10 partition because Genshin Impact requires 30 GB of space.
- After that install Windows 10 and wait until the process is done then your Mac will restart.
Now Activate Windows 10 on macOS
- Select the preferred language, next country, and then click on the Next button.
- In the next window click on I don’t have a product key because you don’t need to product key.
- Now follow the next instruction and complete the installation. After that create a new Microsoft account and sign in. If you already have an account then sign in.
- Now, you will see a Boot Camp driver installation wizard on your screen.
- Install the important drivers to run Windows 10 on your macOS by following the on-screen instruction.
- After that restart, now your Windows 10 OS will Boot up on your Mac.
How to Download Genshin Impact on Mac?
After installing Windows 10 Boot camp on your Mac now you have to jump to the next step i.e downloading Genshin Impact.
- Download the Genshin Impact Windows 10 version from the official website.
- Create an account for the game. (If you have not already done this step.)
- Download the Genshin Impact game and then install it following on-screen instructions.
- Now you will be able to play the Genshin Impact game on your Mac.
Play Genshin Impact using Cloud Gaming
You can play the Genshin Impact game using Cloud gaming servers. Don’t doubt you can play easily at maximum performance. So follow our given steps to play Genshin Impact with cloud servers.
- Create a Free Account with genshin.hoyoverse.com before playing the Genshin Impact. This game cannot be played on cloud servers without an account.
- Now Register on Boosteroid (Use the same email which you used in genshin.hoyoverse.com).
- When you sign in on Boosteriod, choose the Genshin Impact game from the Cloud Library and play Genshin Impact Game.
- There have some disadvantages to Play Cloud Gaming. You have to pay some monthly Fees to Play Genshin Impact with Cloud Gaming. And you have to require a decent internet connection. So, without the internet, you can’t play the game.