A mobile phone tells a lot about our personality, likes, and preferences. So if you want to hide apps on your iPhone running iOS 16, we’ll show you how you can easily hide an app on your iPhone. We will explain several ways to do the iPhone App hiding in this guide, so let’s begin.
7 Ways to Hide Apps on iPhone
- Hiding your apps from the home screen to App Library.
- Hiding on the home screen page.
- Hide apps from iPhone search & Apple Suggestion.
- Hiding your App using the App folder.
- Hide the App from the App Store purchase history.
- Hide your Pre-install apps from your iPhone.
- Third-party apps install on your iPhone.
Method 1: Hiding your Apps from the Home screen to App Library
App library categorizes all the apps on your device like Games, Audio, Social, etc. You can hide your apps from the home screen to the App library. Here we are talking about how to hide apps from the home screen to App Library
1. Press and hold the app icon.
2. When the popup menu opens, then click the Remove App.
3. Then click on the Move to App Library.
After that, this will hide the App on your iPhone App Library.
Method 2: Hiding the Home screen page
The second way to hide your iPhone’s App is to move all the apps to a separate home screen page. After that, hide that home screen page. Follow our guideline
1. Lone press and drag the apps to hide a new separate home screen page.
2. After moving apps, what you want to hide, then long-press on the new home screen page.
3. Click on the dotted navigation bar downside on the screen.
4. After that, uncheck the Home screen and click on the Done button in the top right corner.
Method 3: Hide Apps from iPhone Search & Apple Suggestion
After hiding the apps on your iPhone home screen, still, if you want to hide them from search and Siri suggestions too. To hide apps from iPhone search & Apple Suggestion, follow the below steps.
1. Open your iPhone settings.
2. Click on the Siri and search option.
3. Scroll down and select the apps you want to hide from Siri and Search.
4. Uncheck all options that show.
Now you have to hide the apps that you want successfully.
Method 4: Hide your App using the App folder
If you want to hide your addicted App using the App folder on iPhone running iOS 16, then try to follow our given steps
1. Create a new app folder or choose the folder you want to hide.
2. Press and hold the app icon.
3. After appears Action Menu select the Edit Home Screen option.
4. Hold and drag the App that you are hiding.
5. Place it on the second page.
You can deepen your apps by creating as many pages as you can.
Method 5: Hide App from the App Store Purchase History
You can hide your App’s one more place: App Store History. Here we can discuss how to hide apps from the App Store Purchase History.
1. Open your iPhone App Store.
2. Click on your photo on the top of the right corner.
3. Now click on the ‘Purchased’ option.
4. When you see a list of all apps, check that App you want to hide.
5. Swipe leftover that App and click on the hide button.
So that’s it; your App will be hidden.
Method 6: Hide your Pre-install Apps from your iPhone
Apple allows users to hide the pre-install apps that come from Apple apps. So if you want to hide the pre-install App, follow the given steps.
1. Open your Settings and click on the Screen time option.
2. Then click on the Content & Privacy Restrictions.
3. Turn on the Content & Privacy Restrictions.
4. Click on the Allowed Apps.
5. Now turn on the toggle switch to which App you want to hide.
Method 7: Third-Party Apps install on your iPhone
In individual third-party apps, there is no turn-off toggle switch in ‘Content & Privacy Restriction’. Here is the way how you can manage.
1. Open Settings and click on the Screen Tome option.
2. Click the ‘Content & Privacy Restriction’ option.
3. Turn on the ‘Content & Privacy Restriction’ option.
4. Click the ‘Content Restriction’ and navigate to Apps’.
5. Now select any one of these options.
We hope our steps will help you so much, and you will manage to hide apps on your iPhone running iOS 16. You can also check several ways to find hidden apps on your iPhone.
Update 30/08/2022: Apple released the iOS 16 beta 8 with bug fixes, optimization and performance improvement. It comes with build number 20A5358a. If you own an iPhone 8 or newer, you can test the pre-release iOS 16 software by joining Beta Software Program. Navigate to the General > Software Update menu on your iPhone’s Settings app.
Leave a Reply