Windows 11 ships with a Clean Up Suggestion feature that is designed to automate the discovery of content that you can delete to free up disk space. This option is part of the Memory Sense function. It automatically detects and displays the amount of data that Windows 11 can free up by removing large and unused files, apps, and duplicate files uploaded to OneDrive.
How to free up your SSD, HDD in Windows 11
In this guide, we’ll show you how to free up disk space using the “System Cleanup Suggestions” feature in Windows 11.
- Open the Settings app in Windows 11
- Go to System> Memory
- Under Storage Management, select Cleaning Recommendations
- Select the Temporary Files category
- Then select the content recommended for deletion and click the Clear button (Note: you can select Advanced recovery options to delete more temporary files)
- Select the Large and Unused Files category
- Then select the recommended content for deletion and click the Clear button
- Select the category Files synced with the cloud
- Then select the files available locally and click the Clear button
- Select the category Unused applications
- Then select the apps that you are not using and want to uninstall and click the Clear button
After doing these steps your device will perform better and you will get back your disk space that was used by junk files.