iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 pubic betas are now available. Remember this is a beta version so definitely back before proceeding with the installation. The beta of iOS 15 is relatively stable, but keep in mind that the experience will not be perfect, so our advice is to test it on a secondary device or, alternatively, to install it first on the iPhone and then the iPad (or vice versa) if you have both models, so as to make sure that the third-party apps you use most are working correctly.
How to back up before installation
Steps to follow:
- Connect your iOS device to a Mac or PC using a Lightning or USB-C cable
- Open Finder on Mac or iTunes on PC
- Click the device icon in the menu
- Under Back up and restore manually, click Back up now.
- Check the Backup Encryption checkbox if you want to back up your login credentials and any Health and HomeKit data.
- Once the backup is finished, you will need to locate it and create a copy following the official Apple guide depending on the operating system you are using.
If you have enabled iCloud backup, just go to Settings> iCloud and tap on iCloud Backup and then Back Up Now. Do remember that backups saved on iOS 15 cannot be restored on iOS 14.
How to install the iOS 15/iPadOS 15 public beta
Be sure to take a backup before, now you can install the public beta of iOS 15 (steps are same for iPadOS 15):
- From an iPhone or iPad, go to beta.apple.com
- Click on Sign In at the top right and log in with your Apple ID. If you are not yet enrolled in the program, click on Sign Up and register (simply enter your Apple ID and accept the terms and conditions).
- From the top menu, select Enroll your Devices, then select iOS (or iPadOS if you’re on iPad)
- Scroll down, click on Download Profile and accept the installation of the profile by clicking on Allow
- Now go to Settings and at the top, you will find a new tab dedicated to the newly installed profile (” Profile downloaded “). Click on it to open it
- Click on Install at the top right and confirm
- After entering the security code and completing the installation, the device will need to be restarted.
- Once the reboot is complete, you can install the iOS 15 public beta just like any system update by going to Settings > General> Software Update.
You may also like to read our macOS 12 Monterey installation guide from here.