There are countless internet service providers in the U.S. offering internet services to millions of households across the country. If you have been using the internet for a few years, you already know that not all providers are the same, and you need to take your time when looking for a new one. However, there is one common thing among all internet providers, regardless of the quality of their service or the area they cover. The setup process is relatively simple and similar, with slight variations that can be quickly figured out from the setup manual.
If you are looking for a new internet provider, you’ll be required to research to see what aligns best with your needs and requirements. This way, you will rest assured that you only pay for what you use and not anything else. If you are looking for a provider that offers high-speed and unlimited data at economical rates, we recommend checking out Spectrum deals and bundles.
Gone are the days of hiring a professional technician to come to your house to set up your internet service. It is time we learn how to do this ourselves; just like any other essential skill, we can learn quite quickly. If there is one thing the Corona pandemic has taught us, it is that there are many things that we can easily manage by ourselves instead of spending hundreds of dollars on hiring someone.
Every time we start learning a new skill, we are bound to make mistakes and turn a relatively easy task into a tricky one. However, it does not have to be this way. We assume that you already subscribed to an internet service, followed the setup manual to self-install and activate your equipment, and faced the “No Internet” monster.
This hurts the most, especially when you’re in the middle of something important. It only gets worse while playing online games, causing you to die or lose a mission you have worked so hard on. Being gamers, we understand such situations and how bad they get along the way.
Therefore, we have created this guide on fixing Internet Disconnect or Going Down problems when Playing Games.
Troubleshooting: Internet Disconnects When Playing Games
Do not fret if your webpage refuses to load after following everything in the setup manual to the dot. You are not alone in this because several people have faced the same problems in the past and continue to do so now. Glitches happen, and it is no big deal. Just take a deep breath and follow the below steps to fix whatever problem may be causing the “No Internet” notification.
- Sometimes it is as simple as loading a different website. More often than not, it is the website that is currently inaccessible, and your internet connection is working fine. If this does not work, try to connect a different device to the network to rule out the device’s incapability to connect.
- Once you have ruled out website and device problems, you may want to restart the computer, tablet, or whichever device you are trying to connect to the internet. In most cases, this is where most of your issues will be resolved.
- Ensure that your device has no saved networks because it may be trying to connect to an old network that no longer exists, thus no internet.
- You may also want to check all the cables running from the cable jack up to the modem and router to see if they are intact and properly attached.
- If you still could not figure out the source of the problem, then reboot your router and modem to ensure that they are working correctly. If all else fails, this usually saves the day. When you turn off the modem and router, unplug all the cables and attach them after a few minutes before turning on the devices. Once the lights have stabilized, check if you have a connection.
- If you still face the same problem, you may want to call your internet service provider to check if they need your MAC address or other information before you can use your service. The representative will guide you through the process, and you’ll be able to use your service in no time.
Check your internet connection once you are done troubleshooting your service by opening a browser and trying to access a website of your choice. If you can access your device’s internet, rejoice because you shall have no further trouble.
Now you know what to do when you face problems while setting up your internet service and even afterwards. Hope you found this article helpful and fixed the “Internet Disconnects When Playing Games” issue. Try to pass this knowledge on to others so that more people can deal with such problems themselves and save the much-needed money.
Leave a Reply