In the world of smartphones, iOS is thought to be the most stable UI. Last year, the iOS 15 update did not go as planned. Users noted major to extremely major flaws and glitches in the iOS 15 release, even after repeated beta tests. None of the users had anticipated such a large number of issues with iOS 15, and the number of faults encountered on iOS 15 was enough to destroy the user’s experience.
This year iOS 16 was released. So iOS 16 users are encountering several problems, bugs and issues. This article has listed some of the most common iOS 16 problems you may face after upgrading to iOS 16. To learn more about it, read the post all the way to the conclusion.
iOS 16 Problem Tracker: User Reported
September 12: iOS 16 stable update is now available to all eligible iPhone users. It is available on iPhone 8 and above. You can check the availability of iOS 16 by heading to Settings > General > Software update. However, after installing iOS 16, some users are facing many issues on their iPhones.
- The Depth Effect option on wallpaper is not working for many users.
- Users are seeing the Lock Screen notifications’ location at the bottom of the screen.
- iPhone users are reporting the Touchscreen not working or lagging issue after the iOS 16 update.
- iPhone X users are facing scrolling issues. It works only when you use two fingers.
- Users are unable to update apps. It shows the “There was an error. Please try later” error.
- Several iPhone users are facing severe battery drain issues. Do not worry; the issue usually resolves itself within 48 hours.
- iOS SwiftKey keyboard is not working smoothly (Source).
- An issue in Streaks where iOS 15 devices can’t see any Streaks widgets when running the iOS 16 build (Source).
- Gifs are not turning into smoothly animated stickers when exported to WhatsApp (Source).
- MediaRemoteUI bugs on iOS 16 Beta 5 (Source)
- AirPods shows “No location found” during setup (Source).
- Universal Clipboard issue after installing iOS 16 Beta on iPhone (Source).
- iOS 16 adds a new feature for dual-SIM iPhone users. However, Single SIM users are getting Dual SIM icons (Source)
August 9: iOS 16 Beta overlaps the entire system preferences menu (Source).
Here is the list of common iOS 16 problems
- Quick Battery Drain.
- Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch Feature Not Working.
- App Crashing Issue.
- WiFi Not Working.
- Personal Hotspot Not Working.
- Touchscreen Unresponsiveness.
Beta regrets? Here’s how to downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15
How to fix iOS 16 problems?
1. Fix iOS 16 Quick Battery Drain Issue
Are you facing rapid battery drain issues after updating to the latest iOS 16? If you are facing the quick battery drain issue in your iPhone, then here’s how you can try to fix this issue. Also, there can be a software bug behind this all. So, if the mentioned method doesn’t work for you, you should wait until Apple releases the next software version.
To try to fix the issue, Go to settings >> General >> Background App Refresh; now disable this. Afterwards, go back to Settings >> Privacy >> Location Services. If you feel Location services aren’t a handy feature, you can turn this off. Additionally, update all the applications to ensure they are compatible with the latest software version. If the issue persists, you should rather wait for an upcoming update.
2. Fix Unlock iPhone using Apple Watch not working issue on iOS 16
If you have an Apple Watch and have turned on the feature, you can unlock the iPhone using your Apple Watch. If you have turned on this feature and it’s not working sometimes, we have a fix for you. You can try the below-mentioned method to try to fix the issue. The company has already addressed the problem and released the fix to the users. So, update your Apple Watch and the iPhone to the latest version available, or if any new version isn’t available, then wait for a few days to grab the update. To check for it, go to Settings >> General >> Software update.
3. Fix the iOS 16 App crashing issue
You may face app crash issues after updating to the latest version of iOS 16. In this case, try to update all the applications to the newest version available, as the issue could be due to the incompatibility between the system software and the application. If you have updated all the applications to the newest version, is the problem still there for you? Then delete the application from the system and re-install it from the Apple store. This could fix the issue.
4. Fix iOS 16 WiFi not working
If the WiFi is not working in your iPhone after updating to iOS 16, then here are a few steps using which you can try to fix the issue:
- Turn the WiFi on and off again a few times and check later.
- Forgot the WiFi network and then reconnected from scratch.
- Go to Settings >> General >> Transfer or Reset iPhone >> Reset >> Reset Network Settings and reset it.
Now check again if the issue got solved for you or not.
5. Fix iOS 16 Personal Hotspot not working
Similar to the WiFi not working issue, you may face a personal Hotspot not working problem on your iPhone. In this case, follow the methods mentioned below to check if the issue got solved for you or not.
- To turn on/off Mobile/ Cellular data: Go to Settings >> Mobile/ Cellular and turn off/ on the toggle.
- Go to Settings >> General >> About, to check if any update is available or not.
- Reset network settings: Go to Settings >> General >> Transfer or Reset iPhone >> Reset >> Reset Network Setting.
6. Fix iOS 16 Touchscreen Unresponsiveness
The Touchscreen’s unresponsiveness is one of the annoying issues in the whole world of the smartphone. If you face the same issue on your iPhone, you will have to Force Restart the iPhone. The methods to Force Restart depend on the different models of the iPhone. You can follow the method respective to your iPhone to force restart it.
If you still face the issue even after the force restart, you will have to restart your iPhone. To restart your iPhone, go to Settings >> General >> Transfer or Reset iPhone >>Erase All Content and Settings.
Apart from the above problems, you may face many more issues with the upcoming iOS 16, such as Bluetooth not working, Sound not working, random app sticking, Apple logo stuck, and unexpected sluggishness in the UI. Common iOS 16 issues fixes include restarting your iPhone, Updating the applications to the latest version, and trying to reset your iPhone. Apple will revamp the lock screen with widgets and new wallpapers. It will also add an always-on display feature.
Thanks a lot for reading the post till the end. That being said, what do you think about the iOS 16 Problems and their fixes? Have you ever faced this kind of issue on your iPhone, and if the steps mentioned above worked for you or not? Do let us know by dropping a comment in your words down below.