Apple has released the beta version of iOS 16 to test the updates. Because Apple’s ready to release the version of iOS 16 at the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in 2022. When the new iOS version comes, they bring some new and improved features. So, Apple wants to test the updates before release in the worldwide market. But most iOS users reported that they couldn’t see the iOS 16 beta update on their iPhone or iPad.
Suppose you are the one who doesn’t see the new version of iOS, then don’t worry. In this blog, we are talking about how you can fix the iOS 16 or iPad OS 16 beta update not showing up the problem. The iOS 16 update not showing up problem can happen for only two reasons. One of the problems is the Apple server problem, and the other is the issue of your phone. So we provide you with various steps to fix this iOS 16 issue.
Update 30/08/2022: Apple released the iOS 16 beta 8 with bug fixes, optimization and performance improvement. It comes with build number 20A5358a. If you own an iPhone 8 or newer, you can test the pre-release iOS 16 software by joining Beta Software Program. Navigate to the General > Software Update menu on your iPhone’s Settings app.
6 Ways to Fix the iOS 16 Beta Update Not Showing Up Problem
- Check your iPhone’s Compatibility
- Restart your device
- Check the Apple server connection
- Reset network condition
- Remove your device beta profile
- Install the iOS 16 Beta via iTunes
Method 1: Check your iPhone’s Compatibility
Before installing the iOS 16 beta on your iPhone, make sure your phone is compatible with the new iOS 16 beta update. Because if your device doesn’t support the latest version of iOS, you will never get the new iOS 16 update. We have listed the name of the Apple device that supports the most recent iOS version.
For iOS 16
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone XS
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd generation or later)
For iPad OS
- iPad Pro (all models)
- iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
- iPad (5th generation and later)
- iPad mini (5th generation and later)
Method 2: Restart your device
We try to fix the iOS 16 update problem by restarting your device in the following method. If you are sure that your device can support iOS 16, then follow the given step.
- If your device is iPhone X, 11, 12, and 13, then press and hold the power and volume button until the power off slider appears. Now, drag the slider to switch off the phone. After that, press and hold the power button until you see the Apple logo appear.
- If your device is an iPhone 8, 7, or 6, press and holds the power button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to switch off your phone. Now, press and hold the power button until you see the Apple logo appear.
- Suppose your device is iPhone SE 5, and earlier; press and hold the power button on the top. Then you can see the power-off slider on display. Now, drag the slider to turn off your phone. After that, press and hold the power button until the Apple logo appears.
Method 3: Check the Apple server connection
Sometimes when a new iOS version is released, millions of people would start downloading at once. So, it may go down for some technical issues. In this step, you can check the Apple server connection. You can go here https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ and check whether the server is working or not.
Method 4: Reset network condition
In the fourth method, we tell you this can be due to a network issue if the iOS 16 update is not showing up. You might face this issue if you have a leggy internet connection because the software update requires a stable network connection. So, you can reset your network connection to fix the iOS 16 update that is not showing up.
- Open your device settings.
- Then go to General and click on the Reset iPhone.
- Select the Reset option and go to the Reset network settings
- Now, enter your password and click on the Reset Network Settings to confirm
- After that, re-enter your Wi-Fi password to join the Wi-Fi again.
Method 5: Remove your device beta profile
You should delete the beta version if you already have the iOS 16 beta installed on your device. Because you can’t receive the Apple official iOS 16 software update, follow the step below to delete the previous beta profile.
- Go to your settings and then go General option.
- Click on the Profile & Device management.
- Now, click on the iOS beta software profile and click Remove Profile
- Enter the password if required and then click the Delete button
- After that, restart your device and check the problem is solved.
Method 6: Install the iOS 16 Beta via iTunes
If the above methods do not work and you still face the problem, you can update your iPhone or iPad via iTunes. Follow the given step.
- Install the latest version of iTunes on the computer and then click Run iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable
- Now, click on the Device tab and select Summary
- Click on the Check for Update button
- When you see the update is available, then click on the Download and Update button to confirm.
Leave a Reply