After updating to the iOS 16 latest version, most people may experience a massive battery drain issue on iPhone smartphones. It’s a little bit surprising because the battery optimization level of iOS is uncomparable. They do an excellent job on battery optimization. Well, it’s usually a software bug that triggers several issues, including battery drain issues, out of nowhere.
As per the Apple support team, you have to wait for 48 hours (after releasing a new iOS version), during which the apps on your iPhone will adjust to recent changes. If the issue persists after a few days, the company has advised restarting the iPhone. Suppose you are an iPhone user experiencing battery drain problems; there is nothing to worry about. iOS gives you several tools to help you fix the iOS 16 Battery drain problem, and here you can check some handy tips to resolve the issue.
9 Ways to Fix Battery Drain Problems on iPhone Running iOS 16
- Check which app consumes your battery most.
- Turn on Auto-Brightness or Dim your iPhone screen.
- Check iPhone Battery Health Suggestions.
- Turn off the raise to wake feature on iPhone.
- Disable Background App refresh.
- Turn off Location Services.
- Enable Low power Mode.
- Reduce Motion of User Interface.
- Turn off Auto-Playing videos in Safari.
Update 30/08/2022: Apple released the iOS 16 beta 8 with bug fixes, optimization and performance improvement. It comes with build number 20A5358a. If you own an iPhone 8 or newer, you can test the pre-release iOS 16 software by joining Beta Software Program. Navigate to the General > Software Update menu on your iPhone’s Settings app.
Method 1: Check which app consumes your battery most: (Uninstall/Update them)
Some apps consume a lot of battery even without using. If you find any apps consuming an unusually high battery, take control of them. If the app is not helpful, you may delete it, and if necessary, you should reinstall/update them. So, how can you know which iPhone apps drain the most battery? iOS 16 makes it incredibly simple to keep track of battery usage.
- Go to settings.
- Head to the Battery section.
- Have a close look at the battery usage during the last 24 hours.
- Find the apps and solve.
Method 2: Turn on Auto-Brightness or Dim your iPhone screen
Your battery drains fast when you keep your iPhone’s screen at full brightness. To dim your iPhone brightness, check below.
- Swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen and open the control centre.
- Drag the Brightness slider towards the bottom according to your comfort.
Using your iPhone at low brightness can save much of your battery life, or you can try the Auto-Brightness feature to save battery life. The Auto-Brightness settings adjust your screen lighting automatically based on ambient light levels. Know how to turn on Auto-Brightness below
- Open Settings.
- Go to Accessibility.
- Tap Display & Text Size.
- Scroll down and turn on Auto-Brightness.
Method 3: Check iPhone Battery Health Suggestions
iOS introduced a handy feature in 2020 with iOS 14. In the feature, the phone will recommend specific changes in settings to preserve battery life. Follow my steps to Check Battery Health suggestions.
- Go to Settings first.
- Tap on Battery.
- Go to Battery Health.
- After that, your phone will automatically suggest to you what changes you need to make to improve Battery life.
- Thus, you can change the settings according to your needs.
- If you don’t want to make changes, then at least you will get to know why your iPhone battery drains fast.
Method 4: Turn off the raise to wake feature on your iPhone
All the iPhone models have the Raise to Wake inbuilt function since iOS 10.3 or later. It is generally enabled by default. This can be another cause of consuming battery. The phone screen is constantly turning on while swinging in your hand. It will eat your battery. Here’s below how to turn off the Raise to Wake feature.
- First, open Settings.
- Go to Display & Brightness
- Locate the Raise to Wake option and turn it off.
Method 5: Disable Background App refresh
This function can alone consume a considerable amount of battery life. The Background App Refresh has been a notable power-hungry feature. You should disable this app to improve battery performance.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to General.
- Go to Background App Refresh.
- Please turn it off.
Method 6: Turn off Location Services
It is another feature that can drain a tremendous amount of battery from your iPhones on iOS 16. Some apps take location permission without need. It would be best if you had control over it. To stop this, follow the steps below.
- Open the Settings.
- Go to privacy.
- Tap Location Services.
- Select apps according to the needs of Location Services.
- Select Never if the app doesn’t need to know your location.
Method 7: Enable Low power Mode
The Low Power Mode feature was introduced in 2015 with iOS 9. It helps to extend the battery life of an iPhone. What makes the Power-saving mode so effective is the ability to reduce background activity automatically. To enable it
- Head to Settings.
- Go to Battery.
- Now turn on the Low Power Mode.
Method 8: Reduce Motion of User Interface
We recommend you reduce the Motion of the User Interface to improve your battery life, only if you don’t mind ditching the animation. To improve your iPhone’s battery life.
- Head to Settings.
- Tap on Accessibility.
- Go to motion.
- Turn on the toggle.
Method 9: Turn off Auto-Playing videos in Safari
You should disable the Auto-playing Videos in Safari on your iOS 16 for a distraction-free browsing experience. It plays a vital role in improving the battery life of the iPhone. To disable the Auto-playing videos in Safari, follow the given steps below.
- Go to Settings.
- Head to Accessibility.
- Tap Motion.
- Turn off the option named Auto-play Video Previews
That’s how you can solve the iPhone battery drain problems and maximize the battery life on your iPhone running iOS 16. Hopefully, soon Apple will fix the bugs by pushing another software update on iPhone devices. Till then, you can try our given tips to improve your battery life.
Note: The iOS 16 battery drain fix methods discussed above will work with the following iPhone devices:
- iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Mini.
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Mini.
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max.
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max.
- iPhone X, iPhone XR.
- iPhone 8/8 Plus.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus.
- iPhone 6s/6s Plus.
- iPhone SE (1st and 2nd generation).
Apple will announce iOS 16 on June 6. They will include the lock screen with widgets and new wallpapers. It will also add an always-on display feature.
Leave a Reply