Apple announced the latest iOS 16 at WWDC 2022. Like previous iOS 15 updates, the iOS 16 also bring new features and much-needed changes. It gets an always-on display feature and lock screen widgets with new wallpapers.
The release of new iOS versions is always exciting. However, a new software update brings some bugs and glitches. One such bug arrived when the iOS 15 version was released. With iOS 15, it seems many people are experiencing app crashes. This article will discuss that issue and what to do if we face iPhone apps that keep crashing after updating to the new iOS 16.
How to Fix “iPhone Apps Keep Crashing Issue” in iOS 16?
You all know that a new software update can never be perfect. It will optimize after several testing and pushing an update. So, it’s pretty standard if we face issues with the latest iOS 16. If you encounter an app crashing issue after updating to the newest iOS 16, you can try our given solutions below.
Update 14/09/2022: Apple released the iOS 16 final update on September 12. If you own an iPhone 8 or newer, you can navigate to the General > Software Update menu on your iPhone’s Settings app to install the update. However, it looks like some users are facing app crash issues. Users have started reporting on Twitter and Reddit. You can try the below fixes to solve the app crash issue.
Are you facing iPhone Apps Keep Crashing Issue in iOS 16? #iOS16
— DealNTech (@dealntech) September 15, 2022
Method 1: Restart your iPhone
Restarting your iPhone might fix some minor issues that cause the problem. To resolve the app crashing issue, the first thing that you should try is to reboot your iPhone device.
- Press and hold either the “volume” button or the “side” button until the Power off slider appears on display.
- Drag the slider from left to right and wait a few seconds to turn off your device completely.
- Now turn on your device back by pressing and holding the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Method 2: Try to Update Your Apps to the Latest Version
Sometimes, an app crashing issue may occur on your iPhone due to an outdated version of an app. So, one of the effective ways to fix this issue is to check for an update and proceed forward if it’s available. Here’s how to check and update your apps to the newer version.
- Go to the app store on your iPhone device.
- You can see the icon for your profile at the top.
- Tap on it.
- Scroll to see if the apps that keep crashing are on the list of available updates.
- If an update is available, then tap Update on the right.
Method 3: Reinstall the Apps that keep Crashing
If updating apps doesn’t resolve your problem, you might consider reinstalling the apps to solve the issue.
- Press and hold the app you need to remove and click on the “x” icon.
- Now tap on the screen prompt for the installed app’s deletion.
- Afterwards, go to the app store, search for it, and install it again.
Method 4: Try to Fix the issue with ReiBoot
If above all solutions don’t work, this method will come in handy. This is a special kind of restore intended to wipe clean both the hardware and software of your iPhone device. You get to choose among the two options- Standard and Deep repair. It would be best if you went for standard repair to avoid data loss. Here’s how to do it.
- First, Download and install Tenorshare Reiboot to your PC.
- Now connect your iPhone device to your PC using the USB cable.
- Click the Start button on the ReiBoot tool and choose “Standard repair”.
- Then click the blue-coloured button.
- Click on “Download” to download the firmware to your PC.
- Click “Start Standard Repair” to start the system recovery process and wait for a while until it gets completed.
That’s all our proven solutions if you face an app crashing issue on your iPhone after updating to the latest iOS 16. We hope our all methods will help you to fix the problem. If any of them don’t work, you must wait for the next software update. Apple will try to resolve any bugs or glitches by pushing a new update to the devices. If a new update arrives, update your iPhone to its latest iOS version.