Apple has confirmed that this year’s WWDC will take place on 6 June. It is also confirmed that the latest iOS 16 will be announced on that day. That means hardly just one month is left for the arrival of the latest iOS 16 update. Like previous iOS 15 updates, the upcoming iOS 16 will bring some new features and much-needed changes.
The release of new iOS versions is always exciting. However, a new software update may bring some bugs and glitches. One such bug arrived when the iOS 15 version was released. With the release of iOS 15, it seems many people are experiencing app crashes. This article will discuss that issue and what to do if we face iPhone apps that keep crashing after updating to the new iOS 16.
How to Fix “iPhone Apps Keep Crashing Issue” in iOS 16?
You all know that a new software update can never be perfect. It will optimize after several testing and pushing an update. So, it’s pretty normal if we face some issues with the latest iOS 16 too. If you encounter an app crashing issue after updating to the latest iOS 16, you can try our given solutions below.
Method 1: Restart your iPhone
Restarting your iPhone might fix some minor issues that cause the problem. To resolve the app crashing issue, the first thing that you should try is to reboot your iPhone device.
- Press and hold either the “volume” button or the “side” button until the Power off slider appears on display.
- Drag the slider from left to right and wait a few seconds to turn off your device completely.
- Now turn on your device back by pressing and holding the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Method 2: Try to Update Your Apps to The Latest Version
Sometimes due to an outdated version of an app, the app crashing issue may occur on your iPhone. So, one of the effective ways to fix this issue is to check for an update and proceed forward if it’s available. Here’s how to check and update your apps to the newer version.
- Go to the app store on your iPhone device.
- You can see the icon for your profile on the top.
- Tap on it.
- Scroll to see if the apps that keep crashing are on the list of the available updates.
- If an update is available, then tap Update on the right.
Method 3: Reinstall the Apps that keep Crashing
If updating apps doesn’t resolve your problem, you might consider reinstalling the apps to solve the issue.
- Press and hold the app you need to remove and click on the “x” icon.
- Now tap on the prompt on the screen for the deletion of the installed app.
- After that, go to the app store, search for the app and install it again.
Method 4: Try to Fix the issue with ReiBoot
If above all solutions don’t work, this method will come in handy. This is a special kind of restore that is intended to wipe clean both the hardware and software of your iPhone device. You get to choose among the two options- Standard and Deep repair. You should go for standard repair to avoid data loss. Here’s how to do it.
- First, Download and install Tenorshare Reiboot to your PC.
- Now connect your iPhone device to your PC using the USB cable.
- Click the Start button on the ReiBoot tool and choose “Standard repair”.
- Then click the blue-coloured button.
- Click on “Download” to download the firmware to your PC.
- Click “Start Standard Repair” to start the system recovery process and wait for a while until it gets completed.
That’s all our proven solutions if you face an app crashing issue on your iPhone after updating to the latest iOS 16. We hope our all methods will help you to fix the problem. If any of them don’t work, you need to wait for the next software update. Apple will try to resolve any bugs or glitches by pushing a new update to the devices. If a new update arrives, update your iPhone to its latest iOS version.