Among all the add-ons, applications and programs used in Windows 11, we find Java as one of the versatile add-ons to run applications and access websites. With Java, it is possible to run multimedia elements on websites since thousands of sites are based on this model, which is why it is essential to have it. However, today many browsers have decided to remove it from their products.
Java Control Panel
When installing Java in Windows 11 operating system, a control panel will be installed from where we can manage everything related to Java; this Control Panel consists of the following:
There we find options to see the Java version, configure the network and manage temporary Internet files
Here it is possible to update to the latest versions of Java and define how notifications of available updates will be received (before downloading or before installation)
There it is possible to manage everything related to the runtimes of Java applets and Java applications
Here we can activate the Java content in web browsers, define the security levels of the applications, manage certificates and edit the list of sites.
As the name implies, it is possible to manage everything related to advanced Java options, such as setting Java by default, using the Java console, associating MIME files and more.
There are several ways to open Java Control Panel, and we will see each one.
How to open JAVA Control Panel in Windows 11
1. Using Control Panel
- To use this option, open the Control Panel from the Start menu
- In the Control Panel, we validate that the “View by” section is in small icons, and then we click on Java (32 bits) to open the Java Panel
- The Java Panel will be open
2. Using CMD
- This is another option to use, for it opens CMD from Start
- In the CMD console, run “javaws -viewer“
- The Java Control Panel will be opened
3. Using PowerShell
- The PowerShell console is the next option to use for this task; we open PowerShell from the Start menu
- Run “javaws -viewer” in the console and hit Enter to open the panel
4. Using Run
- Run cannot be left out of the options, open Run
- Enter “javaws -viewer” in the Run window. Hit Enter or OK
5. Using Start Finder
- Finally, we have the option of the windows search to open the Java Panel; in the home search, enter “java” and select “Configure Java“
- The Java Control Panel will open.
Here are the options to open the Java Control Panel and manage it as needed.