Minecraft Windows 11 is a popular sandbox-type video game that offers users the ability to build buildings and tools of any kind. There is no shortage of adventure components, with monsters that attack the player when night falls and an important multiplayer component that makes the game almost endless. Here we will explain to you, in detail, everything that needs to be done to be able to download Minecraft for Windows 11 PC/Laptop. You just have to take five minutes of free time and put into practice the instructions we are about to give you.
Minecraft Windows 11 Versions
There are three popular versions of Minecraft for PC: Minecraft Java Edition, Minecraft Windows 10 Edition (Bedrock), and Minecraft: Dungeons. All provide the gameplay experience characteristic of the popular Mojang title, now owned by Microsoft, but with some differences. Below we have discussed the characteristics of each of them.
Minecraft Java Edition
It is the “classic” version of Minecraft for PC, compatible with Windows, macOS and Linux, after installing the Java environment. It supports mods and allows you to carry out multiplayer sessions on Realms servers (for a fee) or personal servers, even in LAN or Wi-Fi, but only between users running the same version of Minecraft. You can get Minecraft Java Edition from the official website.
It is the version of the game dedicated to those who use the Windows 10 operating system. But it is working on Windows 11 operating system also. The substantial difference with the Java version is the possibility of playing cross-play games not only with those who play the same edition of the game on the computer (therefore not with the owners of the Java Edition) but also with those who run the title from the console, smartphone. and tablet. You can get Windows 10 Edition on Minecraft.net.
It is a variant of the Mojang title focused on the exploration game mode: the maps are progressively generated by an algorithm, in a completely random way, and can be explored both in single and multiplayer mode for up to 4 players.
Note: Mojang team have not confirmed anything regarding Minecraft Windows 11 versions. However, users are claiming that Minecraft Windows 10 Edition .i.e Bedrock run on Windows 11 operating system. We will update the article once the Mojang team have officially confimred.
How to Get Minecraft on Windows 11?
Download Minecraft Bedrock Edition
- In order to install Minecraft Bedrock Edition, open Microsoft Store on Windows 11 PC.
- Now search for ‘Minecraft’ in the search bar. You will see multiple versions such as Minecraft for Windows 10, Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection, and Minecraft for Windows 10 Master Collection. However, it should be noted that Minecraft for Windows 10 Edition offers a free trial.
- Now click on the “Minecraft for Windows 10” Edition and you will see the Bedrock edition’s pricing detail; it costs $26.99
- Now select a payment method, and buy the game
- You can also try it for free by clicking the “Free Trial” button
- Now the downloading will start, and once completed you can click the ‘Play’ option to start the game.
Download Minecraft Java Edition
- Visit the Minecraft website in your browser.
- Click on Minecraft Button.
- Now you will need to log in to your Microsoft account.
- Pay the amount & download Minecraft java edition for Windows 11.
- To install Minecraft Java, double-click the MinecraftInstaller.msi file.
- Now setup wizard will open.
- Once installation is complete launch the game and then Press the Play Demo button.
Download Minecraft Dungeons
- Go to the Minecraft website from here.
- Click on Buy Now and Select your device as Windows 11.
- Now choose your favourite version.
- Pay the amount & download Minecraft Dungeons for Windows 11.
How to Update Minecraft on Windows 11?
- You need to open the Microsoft Store app (Search for it in the Windows search bar)
- Now click the ‘Library’ option from the lower-left corner of the Microsoft Store app
- Click the ‘Get updates’ options in the upper-right corner of the Library page
- Now Microsoft Store will search for the latest updates for Minecraft
- If any updates are available, it will download and install them.
How to Fix the “Minecraft Not working” issue in Windows 11?
There are several reasons why Minecraft won’t work on your Windows 11 such as Conflicting programs, Outdated graphics card driver, Restricted access permissions, Outdated Java, and Outdated Minecraft game version. So to fix Minecraft Not Working issue follow the below methods:
- Run Minecraft as an administrator.
- Update Java.
- Disable third-party antivirus software.
- Update Minecraft.
- Update your graphics card’s driver.
- Reset the Minecraft game app.