Windows 11 OS is now official and the first preview build is already released. We have seen Windows 11 starts with your Start Menu and Taskbar Icons in the center of your screen. If you want the icons/buttons to stay on the left side of your taskbar instead, you can easily correct that in the settings. Keep reading the article for step by step guide.
Steps to move Windows 11 Start Menu and Taskbar Icons to the left side easily
- You need to open the settings. To do this quickly, press Windows + I on your keyboard or click the Start menu and select the Settings gear icon that’s pinned to the top of the menu by default.
- When the settings open, click on “Personalization” in the sidebar and then select “Taskbar”.
- In the Windows 11 settings, click on “Personalization” and then on “Taskbar”.
- In the system tray settings, click “Taskbar Behavior”.
- You will see a list of options. Now you need to click the drop-down menu next to “Taskbar Behavior”.
- In the “Taskbar Alignment” menu that appears, select the “Links” option.
- That’s it; the start menu and taskbar icons will be aligned with the left side of your screen.
- Now close Settings and you’re good to go.
If you change your mind in future and want to center your Windows 11 taskbar icons then open Settings and go to Personalization> Taskbar Behavior again, then set “Taskbar” to Center. At present, Windows 11 comes with limited taskbar settings such as moving the taskbar icons to a different side of the screen, but that may change in a future update.