Some Windows 11 & 10 users reported noticing a driver name Nahimic Companion. Nahimic companion comes pre-installed on your Windows computer; If you have MSI, Dell, ThundeRobot, Aorus, ASRock, and Machenike devices, you have a good chance of receiving this App. It is an audio driver which enhances the audio experience and improves your audio quality.
But the main problem is that some users reported that the Nahimic Companion drivers stopped working at any time. Because of this, software crashes in the middle of a game or when you are watching movies. They try to uninstall the App, but it’s not easy. Because whenever Windows is updated, then the Nahimic Companion reinstalls automatically.
The question that comes to everyone’s mind is whether this is a virus. The Nahimic Companion is a standard audio driver, not a virus. In this blog, we are talking about what is the Nahimic Companion and how to uninstall it.
What is Nahimic Companion?
Nahimic Companion is an app that helps you provide good audio quality for gamers or streaming consumers. This App fine-tunes the 3D audio technology and supports up to high-definition 7.1 audio channels. You can do it through this App if you want to connect multiple headphones.
The Nahimic Companion app provides many essential features. One of them is that you can listen to these audio effects through USB, HDMI port, Bluetooth, and a 3.5mm headphone jack on your computer. They work well before the crash, but it does not work when it crashes.
How to Remove Nahimic Companion from Your PC?
A lot of Windows users want to disable or uninstall the Nahimic Companion. If you are also one of them, follow our given methods step by step.
Method 1: Uninstall Nahimic Companion from apps & features
- In the search menu, type App & Features.
- Now, search Nahimic Companion under the Apps & features search bar.
- You can see Nahimic Companion in the Window, then click on the uninstall button and uninstall it.
- When the uninstall process is complete, then restart your computer.
Method 2: Delete from your PC completely
- At the same time, type Windows + R key to Run and then type “MSConfig”.
- In the System Configuration menu, open the Services tab.
- You can see “Hide all Microsoft services” then tick on it.
- Click on the Service cell and Untick the Nahimic Service
- After that, click on Apply and the OK button.
- Open “This PC” and select “Properties”.
- Click on the “Device Manager” from the new System menu window on the left.
- Now, disable or delete the “Nahimic Mirroring device”.
- After uninstalling the Nahimic Companion, if the audio media doesn’t work, then update your audio driver.
- Now, restart your computer and check the Nahimic Companion driver.
At last, we hope you will successfully uninstall the Nahimic Companion.