Ping is a tool that helps you check network activity. It allows you to check network latency, troubleshooting, internet connectivity and DNS resolution. The PING (Packet Internet Groper) enables you to test the host reachability over IP protocol. You can check your internet whether it is working or not.
So in this blog, we are learning how to Ping Google from Windows or Linux.
3 Ways to Ping Google from Windows or Linux
- How to Ping Google from Linux Terminal
- How to Ping Google From a Windows PC
- How to Ping Google By IP Address
Method 1: How to Ping Google from Linux Terminal
In the first method, we can Ping Google from Linux Terminal. So follow the given steps below.
- Press your keyboard’s Ctrl + Alt + T key to open the Terminal.
- Type Ping and RUN this command
- For example, ping google.com or google.co.in
- ping Google.com
Note: Accept the ping command, and Ping must be in lowercase for Linux
- Press enter, and you can see the domain name Google.com will be resolved to its IP address. Ping will receive a “Reply” when the domain is online.
- Press Ctrl and C keys on your keyboard to stop the Ping.
Method 2: How to Ping Google From A Windows PC
If you are a Windows user, you can ping Google and quickly check the internet in CMD.
- Type cmd in your Windows search bar and then open the command prompt.
- When the Command Prompt opens, then type the Ping. Press Enter button on your keyboard and add a space. Now, add Google to the domain extension.
- For example, type the following command to Ping Google.com
- Press the Enter key to start the Ping. You will receive a “ping reply” if your computer is connected to the internet.
Note: Ping resolves the Google domain name into its IP address. The pin will return a “reply” if the IP is online.
- By default, Ping returns four replies. You should add the “-t” option with the command if you want to Ping Google.com in CMD continuously.
Ping -t Google.com
- Press Ctrl and C keys on your keyboard; then Ping will continue.
- After that, you can Ping other Google country domains.
- For example, this is the ping command Google.co.uk or Google.ca
Method 3: How to Ping Google By IP Address
In this last step, we can Ping a Google domain by IP address. Before Ping Google by IP address, we need to find the IP address of the Google domain.
- So, open the command prompt on your Windows PC, then enter the command nslookup google.com and press enter button.
- Now, you can see the IP address on your display. In the next step, Copy the IP address in the command prompt, ping it, and then press the enter button on your keyboard.
- We already told that Ping replies four times and if you want to Ping Google continuously, add the -t option with the ping command.
For example, Ping -t 22.214.171.124
- The Ping will reply continuously after adding the -t switch to the Ping command. Or, if you want to cancel the ping command, press Ctrl and C keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
We hope this article will help you. If you have any questions, then do comment in the comment section.
Leave a Reply