If your Windows 11 Laptop/PC has issues with the graphics driver after updating it, roll it back to the previous version and hide the update. If there were no updates and the graphics driver did not work correctly (it gives various errors), reinstall it. Firstly, you need to find out the model of your Graphics card and download a working driver for it. If you have a laptop, you can go to the manufacturer’s website and download the graphics driver for your device there. If you have a computer, you can find out the model by removing the computer cover and looking at it on the video card itself or using the Everest or Aida64 program; in some cases, you can look at the model in the device manager, or in the same manager, find out the hardware ID and find the driver through it. When you know the model of your device or the model of your Graphics card, go to the manufacturer’s official website, type your model into the search and download the driver for your Windows 11 OS.
Steps to Reinstall Graphics Driver in Windows 11
1. Open the “Device Manager”: One of the ways – in the search bar or in the run menu (run by pressing the Win + R keys) enter the command devmgmt.msc and press the Enter key (you can also right-click on the Start menu and select “Device Manager” from the menu that opens).
2. Open “Display adapters”, right-click on your Graphics card and select “Uninstall device”.
3. Check the box “Remove driver software for this device” and click on “Remove”.
4. To complete the removal of the driver – you need to restart the computer, click on “Yes”.
5. After restarting the computer, you need to install new drivers on the device (Where to get it was described below).
6. Open the downloaded drivers, agree with everything during installation and after a few clicks, the drivers will be installed on the Graphics card.
Where to find graphics card drivers?
Drivers for the Graphics card can be downloaded not only from the official website of the manufacturer of your device (although this method is recommended), you can also right-click on the Display adapter in the same device manager and select “Update driver”, new drivers will be downloaded through the update centre. You can also run one of the auto driver installers (for example DriverPack Solution), select a custom installation and install only the suggested driver for your Graphics card.
Hope this article has helped you to reinstall the graphic driver in Windows 11 operating system.