Bing is a default search engine that comes pre-installed on Windows 11 along with Microsoft Edge. In a world that depends mostly on Google search results, Bing search engines can seem a bit annoying. Bing is not a par with Google as far as efficiency and the accuracy of the search result are concerned. That’s why almost every user prefers the Google search engine and wants to remove Bing completely from their system.
Ways to Remove Bing search from Windows 11
If you are also want to get rid of the Bing search engine from Windows 11, here’s everything that you can do about it.
- Switch to another Browser
- Remove Bing from Microsoft Edge
- Disable Bing search and Box suggestions from the Registry
- Remove Bing via the Group Policy Editor.
1. Switch to another Browser
If using Bing search annoys you too much you should switch to different browsers. To get the best possible browsing experience, you should try these browsers. For example Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Brave, Tor, Iridium, and so on. We suggest you set Chrome as your default browser.
2. Remove Bing from Microsoft Edge
Our next method, if you want to remove the Bing search then yes you can remove Bing from Microsoft Edge. To deep clean your computer off Bing, you must remove all its traces from your browsers. Follow our given steps below to remove Bing from Microsoft Edge.
- First, launch the Edge and open a new browser tab.
- Go to settings and click three dots.
- After scrolling down, in the left-hand panel, click on the Privacy, search, and services option.
- Go to services.
- Select the address bar and search.
- Now select Google or another your preferred search engine under the Search engine used in the address bar.
- Save the settings and restart the PC/Laptop.
3. Disable Bing search and box suggestions from the Registry
With the help of Registry Editor, you can disable Bing search suggestions and Bing box suggestions. We are mentioning below all the steps on how to disable Bing search and box suggestions. Go step by step.
- Firstly press win+R to open the RUN dialog.
- Type Regedit, and hit Enter.
- Open Registry Editor and go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Policies\ Microsoft\ Windows
- Create a new Explorer key by clicking Right-click on the windows folder.
- Select the new Folder, and Right-click on an empty area in the right-hand pane.
- Select New– DWORD(32-bit).
- Name the new key as DisableSearchBoxSuggestions.
- Double click on it and change the value from 0 to 1.
- Now again navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Policies\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Search
- Find the BingSearchEnable key on the right-hand panel.
- Change its value from 1to 0.
- Your Bing search and box suggestions are disabled now.
4. Remove Bing via the Group Policy Editor
After removing Bing search from the Registry Editor, you may also have to remove it from the Group Policy Editor. If you don’t know how to remove via Group Policy Editor, don’t worry. Here’s how to go about it.
- Open RUN dialog (already mentioned above how to open RUN dialog).
- Type gpedit.msc, and press Enter.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration> Administrative Templetes> Windows Componenets> Search.
- Double click on Do not allow web search.
- Select Enabled, and click OK.
- Again then Double click on Don’t search the web or display web results in Search.
- Enable it and press OK.
- Now you will have to restart the computer to see the changes.
Advantages of disabling the Bing Search from windows
Removing the Bing search engine ensures that our computer doesn’t have to take on a load of searching and displaying Bing results. Without Bing, you will get more appropriate results as Bing Search can not provide such accurate results. Whatever the case may be, we hope you will find these methods useful for you.
Leave a Reply