If you have recurring problems on Windows 11: crash when starting the computer, frequent black screens (BSOD), unwanted restarts, missing or unstable features, a system that is getting slower and slower, then it is time for you to launch a Windows 11 repair. Do you think it’s complicated? False! The procedure to repair Windows 11 is really very easy to follow. Indeed, Microsoft had a good idea to include a reset function that makes repairing Windows 11 very easy. Best of all, this function keeps the personal files of all users of the system. Need to repair Windows 11? In this tutorial, we are going to see how to fix Windows 11 without losing its data.
Windows 11 Repair Using Installer
If you don’t want to use the Windows Reset tool because it removes installed software from your pc, you can also repair Windows 11 using Windows 11 installer. It’s simple :
2. You act as if you want to update your Windows 11 installation: this will reinstall Windows 11 through an update process while keeping your personal files.
To repair Windows 11 follow these instructions:
1. Run the Windows 11 installer:
- If you already have a Windows 11 installation USB key, insert it into your PC and then double-click on the setup.exe file.
- If you have a Windows 11 ISO image, mount it with File Explorer and double-click the setup.exe file.
- Otherwise, download the media creation tool and double click on MediaCreationTool.exe.
2. On the first screen, click Next.
Note: If you have a low-speed connection or a limited data plan, click on Change how the Windows installer downloads updates and check the Not now box to prevent updates from being downloaded before the installation.
3. Accept the terms of the license agreement.
4. Wait while checking for and downloading updates.
5. If you are using the media creation tool, select Update this PC now. then wait while Windows 11 downloads.
6. On the “Ready to install” screen, verify that the Keep personal files and applications option is selected, then click Install.
7. Wait while the installation of Windows 11 which takes more or less time depending on the performance of your computer.
8. Configure Windows 11 and voila, you arrive on the Windows 11 Desktop.