If you are running Windows 10 or 11, in this tutorial today we are going to tell you how to reset network settings in Windows. That is so that you put the network configuration to the default as if nothing happened. This you have to do for example if you see that your PC does not connect to the network suddenly or any other network-related issues. These steps might help in future if any network issue arises in your PC/laptop.
With these steps, you will be able to restart your network completely, that is, to restore the factory values with which Windows comes. Therefore, all the passwords that you have saved, networks and others, will be completely erased.
Steps to reset network settings in Windows 11
- First press Win + I to enter the Windows setting menu
- Now a setting page will appear in front of you
- Now click on Network & Internet
- After pressing that button you will be in the Status menu in Network & Internet settings.
- Now at the very bottom, you will find the Network reset button, click that to reset your network settings.
After clicking the network reset in Windows, all the network adapters will be removed and reinstalled, to restore the original settings. Now you can reconfigure everything as you had later. So if you want to clean your PC‘s network settings or the Internet is not working for you, you can try it because it usually works 98% of the time.
Now reconfigure your Wi-Fi username and password so that it works because earlier network user info will be removed by the network reset.