Finally, the day has come. Apple announced the iOS 16 at the WWDC 2022 event. That means the iOS 16 beta version will be available for you soon. It’s just a matter of some hours. Now, the question is should you update the iOS 16 beta version on your iPhone. Here, we will clear your doubts about it. The annual software conference Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC 2022) by Apple is live now.
Update 30/08/2022: Apple released the iOS 16 beta 8 with bug fixes, optimization and performance improvement. It comes with build number 20A5358a. If you own an iPhone 8 or newer, you can test the pre-release iOS 16 software by joining Beta Software Program. Navigate to the General > Software Update menu on your iPhone’s Settings app.
Reasons Why You Should Update to iOS 16:
Apple users want to try out new features as soon as they are released. These new iOS 16 features might be the reason for you to update to the iOS 16 version early.
- All-New Lock Screen: Now, users can customize their lock screen more by changing many design elements.
- New Message Features: Now, users can edit their sent messages, undo sent messages and mark messages as unread.
- Improved Wallet App: Now, Apple pay users will be able to share their birthdays to apps to verify age. Also, splitting payments into parts is now possible.
- Apple Map Upgrades: Flyover feature will be coming to more cities. Also, multi-stop routing is finally coming to Apple’s maps.
- New iCloud features: Now, it will be possible to share specific iCloud photos with family members.
- Improved CarPlay: Complete design overhaul is done in iOS 16 for CarPlay. CarPlay now gathers information about your current climate through your car. Also, car temperature control will be doable using CarPlay.
Why Shouldn’t You Install the iOS 16 Beta Version?
iOS 16 will bring a new experience to your iPhone devices. iOS 16 adds widgets on the lock screen, a new Wallpaper Gallery, Edit/Undo message features, Safety Check option, redesigned notification panel, upgraded dictation feature and more.
However, one more thing you should know is that the iOS 16 beta version will be available for selective users first, and the stable version of the update iOS 16 is expected to reach your devices during the launch of the new iPhone 14.
We all know that a new version always comes with lots of bugs and glitches. The main goal of the early access to the iOS 16 beta version will be to check and test the latest software and the optimization of the apps and features before the stable version release. If you install the iOS 16 beta version, you may have stability issues with the OS, or some apps and features may not work properly. Besides these, you will get lots of glitches and bugs.
So, if you are that type of person who likes to analyze new things related to technology, then there will be no issue if you upgrade to the iOS 16 beta version. On the other hand, if you are a very casual user, we suggest it’s better to wait for the stable version of iOS 16. Once you get the final stable update, you will get more optimized performance than your iPhone device’s iOS 16 beta version. You will have a better experience.
- Beta regrets? Here’s how to downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15
The release of a new software version is always exciting. A new software update may bring many new features, but your device might suffer unwanted issues after installing the latest beta version. After several testing and updates, a new OS version will be optimized and perfect for devices. So, we suggest it’s better to wait for the stable version for your iPhone device. However, if you are very excited and eager to test and analyze all the new features that the iOS 16 beta version will bring with this update, then you should go for it and install the beta version as soon as it is available. That’s all for today. If you have any queries regarding this article, feel free to ask in the comment box below.
Leave a Reply