Apple showcased the latest iOS 16 update on June 6 at WWDC 2022. At that event, Apple unveiled a flurry of new software features and services, including an updated iPhone lock screen, multitasking features, Apple pay-later service, and many more features. Apple has done something beyond our expectations at the event.
As of now, Apple has released the first developer beta for the unfinished operating systems. Yes, this beta version of iOS 16 is available for developers only. As per reports, the final official iOS 16 version will be available in September for all compatible devices.
Currently, there is no ideal way of displaying the battery percentage on the lock screen in the iOS 16 beta version. But, keep one thing in mind, it is a beta version. So, with the final iOS 16 version, we might get this feature on iPhone. However, this article will show how you can show battery percentage on the iOS 16 lock screen.
Show Battery Percentage on iOS 16 Lock Screen
Although there is no ideal way for this feature in this iOS 16 beta version, don’t worry. There are many ways to solve this problem on your iPhone device.
Apple’s new iOS 16 version will allow users to customise their lock screen. This time Apple brought several interesting customised features for an iPhone user. So, you can display the battery percentage on the iOS 16 lock screen by adding a battery percentage widget on your iPhone. This helps users to maintain good battery health by avoiding overcharging.
To know how to add a battery widget and show the battery percentage on your iPhone lock screen, follow our given steps below.
- First, lock your iPhone and tap on the screen to view the lock screen.
- Now, tap and hold on to the screen for a few seconds.
- You will see the + icon. This icon will allow you to personalise the lock screen.
- Swipe left to build a new lock screen.
- Now, tap on the “Customize” option button at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see a list of wallpaper on the screen. Select one wallpaper as you like.
- After that, tap on the + icon under the clock widget.
- Now, a pop-up menu will appear with a variety of widgets.
- Select the “Batteries” option from the menu.
- After clicking on the “Batteries” option in the menu, two options will be available.
- The two options are one showing the battery percentage and the other showing the battery bar of your iPhone.
- Tap and drag the battery percentage widget on your lock screen to add it.
- After that, tap on the “X” mark at the top right corner of the pop-up menu to exit from the widget menu.
- ‘Once done with all the processes, tap on the “Done” button to save your new customised lock screen.
- Now, your lock screen will display the battery percentage on the top of the screen.
Here’s how you can display battery percentage on the iOS 16 lock screen. Thanks to Apple for giving the freedom to customise or personalise the lock screen. iPhone users can add multiple widgets to their lock screens like Android smartphones. The battery percentage widget is handy and essential for a user. This helps users to maintain battery health and can avoid any overcharging situation. We hope this article will help you. If you have any queries, feel free to comment in the comments box below.