In the file explorer in Windows 11 or Windows 10, you can only see the sizes of files. But you can’t see the size of the folders. However, there are some ways to see the display folder size inside Windows File Explorer.
So in this blog, we are discussing how to show folder size in Windows 11 or Windows 10 File Explorer. We follow some native ways and third-party apps that will help us check the folder size in file explorer.
Ways to Show Folder Size In Windows 11/10 File Explorer
- View folder size by Folder Option
- View folder size by File Properties
- With the help of Command Prompt
- By using third-party apps
Method 1: View folder size by Folder Option
In the first method, we can view folder size by the Folder option. Windows don’t allow us to see the folder size in file explorer. When you see the folder size, it will slow down your system. That’s why it doesn’t allow viewing folder size.
Now, follow the below steps, and you can easily see the size of the folders.
- Open the File explorer and go to a directory that contains folders
- Click on the View tab
- Click on the Option under the open folder window
- Now, click on the View option in the folder Option
- Under the Advanced settings, tick on the “Display file size information in folder tips” option
- Now, click on the OK button and save the settings
- After that, you will see the folder size whenever you target the folder with the mouse.
This method is also known as the Tooltip method.
Method 2: View folder size by File Properties
In this method, we talk about how we can view folder size with the help of file explorer. File explorer is a file manager app for accessing file systems known as Windows explorer.
- Press the Windows + E key and open File Explorer.
- Now, select the folder that you want to check the size of.
- Right-click on that folder
- Click on the properties option
- Now, you can see the folder size
Check the multiple folder size in Windows 10
- Press the Control key and select all the folders which one you want to check
- Now, right-click and then select Properties.
- After that, you can see the total size of all the folders.
Method 3: With the help of Command Prompt
Now, we can check the folder’s sizes by the command prompt. We must copy and paste the folder to Windows 11 CMD to do this. Follow the below steps carefully.
- Press Windows + R and then type cmd and Enter to open the Command Prompt
- In the Command Prompt, type die /s “folder path” command, then press enter button.
- In the Command prompt, you can see the total sizes of all the files and folders.
Method 4: By using third-party apps
In the last method, we are discussing checking the folder sizes with the help of third-party applications. There are several applications which are developed to see the sizes of the folders. We are talking about some of those applications.
This free application helps you check the size of the folders in Windows 11 or 10. It will show you the folder size in KB, MB, GB, or TB. Download the Folder Size app and install it. After that, open the application on your pc. When you start the system, you can see the size of the folders in a pop-up window.
TreeSize is also a free application for windows. Download and install this app’s free version. Click on the Directory button, select a drive or a folder, and scan the folders. After that, it will show the size of the folders. This app scans your drives and displays the size of all folders, including all subfolders.
This is a free utility to check the size of your Windows folders. Download and install the app. After that, it will ask you to scan your drive. Then you can see the size of all folders.
The GetFolderSize app helps you to show the folders size of your Windows. It is a free application with a double-sided display that helps you with quick navigation.
At last, we talk about the WinDirStat tool, which is also a free app. It will provide you with exact folders sizes. After the scanning files, it will tell you the size with a visual representation of the folders. Download and install this tool, then check the Folders sizes.
We hope you can successfully check the sizes of the folders in Windows 11 or Windows 10 file explorer.
Leave a Reply