Instagram has been the most popular social media app till now. It was released on 2018. You can post photos and videos with your followers on the Instagram app. At present, Instagram has almost 1 billion active users.
But most of the users reported that when they try to log in to Instagram, they get a message like “Sorry, there was a problem with your request”. When you see this message on your Instagram, Instagram denies you access to your account.
So, if you are the one who is facing the same issue, then don’t be frustrated. We are providing you with some methods on how you can fix the “Sorry there was a problem with your request” problem. You can quickly resolve the issue by following our given below methods.
Why do You Get the “Sorry There Was A Problem With Your Request” Error?
There are many reasons to get the “Sorry There Was A Problem With Your Request” On Instagram. We have provided some of them below.
- If Instagram has temporarily blocked your IP address
- If you have most likely logged in and out of Instagram too fast
- if the Instagram server might be down
10 Ways to Fix “Sorry There Was A Problem With Your Request” on Instagram
- Switch to mobile data
- Check your Internet connection
- Restart your Phone
- Update your Instagram app
- Connect to Wi-Fi
- Reset your password
- Login via Facebook Account
- Uninstall and install the Instagram
- Check whether the Instagram server is down or not
- Contact the Instagram help centre
Method 1: Switch to mobile data
If you are using data by Wi-Fi and get a “Sorry, There Was A Problem With Your Request” error. Then you have to switch from Wi-Fi to your mobile data. Sometimes Instagram temporarily blocks your IP address, but when you change the network Wi-Fi to mobile data, the error will be fixed.
So, turn off the Wi-Fi and then use your mobile data. If you are using a mobile network, then turn it off and connect to Wi-Fi.
If you are an iOS user, then go to your home screen, swipe up, and click on the icon to turn off the Wi-Fi.
Method 2: Check your Internet connection
If your network connection is inferior, you can get the “Sorry; There Was A Problem With Your Request” error. Check your data connection and ensure that your internet connection is on. Or, if you are using Wi-Fi, then check that you are within range of a good connection.
Method 3: Restart your Phone
Sometimes restarting your device solves the problem “Sorry There Was A Problem With Your Request” error. This is the most effective method to solve the error. Restart your phone by holding the power button. Then in the display, you can see the Restart option; click on it. I hope this will help your problem be fixed.
Method 4: Update your Instagram app
You can try to update your Instagram app. If you have not updated the Instagram app for a long time, then such an error can be found. To update the latest version of the Instagram app by following our given steps.
- Go to your PlayStore or Apple store
- In the search bar, the Search Instagram app
- Now, click on the Update to get the latest version of the app
- After that, now restart your phone
Method 5: Connect to Wi-Fi
If you are using your mobile data, connect to the Wi-Fi and try fixing the problem.
- Go to your phone’s settings
- Then, click on the Wi-Fi
- Now, click the Wi-Fi to connect
- After that, force close your Instagram app and try again to login
Method 6: Reset your password
We are trying to reset your password to solve the error in this method. So, follow the below steps.
- Open your Instagram app, then click on the Forgot password option
- Enter your email or phone number, or username
- After entering your username, you will receive a code via text message or email.
- Now, enter the code in the Instagram app and log in.
- If you didn’t get any code, then enter a different email or phone number option.
Method 7: Login via Facebook Account
This method is the easiest way to solve the error “Sorry There Was A Problem With Your Request”. So, you can only log in via your Facebook account. Follow the given steps to connect your Facebook account.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Go to the Account Settings and if you have already connected to your Facebook account, then delink
- Now, clear your Instagram data.
- In the next step, Use your Facebook account to log in to Instagram
Method 8: Uninstall and install the Instagram
Another way to solve the “Sorry There Was A Problem With Your Request” error is by uninstalling and installing the Instagram app. Sometimes such an error is fixed only after uninstalling and reinstalling. Here is how you can uninstall the Instagram app from your phone.
- Open your settings and go to the Apps section
- Search for the Instagram application
- Now, click on the Uninstall button
- In the next step, open your Google Play Store or Apple Store
- Search the Instagram app and then install the app
Method 9: Check whether the Instagram server is down or not
Sometimes such an error appears even when Instagram’s server is down, but it has rarely been shown. You can’t do anything when the server is down. You can wait or complain on the official help page of Instagram.
Method 10: Contact the Instagram help centre
If all the earlier methods did not work for you, then follow this last method. In this method, you can contact the Instagram help centre. They will fix the error. So follow these steps to contact Instagram support.
- Open your Instagram app and then sign in to your account
- Go to your profile and tap the three-line button
- Open settings and click the Help option
- In the next step, select Something is not working option
- After that, explain your error problem.
We hope your problem will be solved by following our given easy methods.