With Windows 11, you can take screenshots quickly and easily. We have put together the various methods for you. If you want to quickly capture your desktop or the opened website with a screenshot or snapshot, you have various options with Windows 11. The screenshots are undoubtedly the most practical way to save the screen of the computer to store or share it with another person.
1. Take a screenshot on Windows 11 using a keyboard shortcut
- Press PrtScn: Just press the PrtScn button to take a screenshot. It has always been the method used to take screenshots. You can paste the image into Paint, Office or similar and then save it.
- Windows + PrtScn: You can also create a screenshot directly using the key combination [Windows] + [Print]. It is automatically saved under Pictures (C: \ Users \ Username \ Pictures \ Screenshots).
In addition to the shortcut key method shown above, taking a screenshot using the Snipping Tool is probably the most popular way to capture your screen. Windows 11 has the Snipping Tool preinstalled out of the box.
2. Take a screenshot on Windows 11 with the Snipping Tool
- Search for the Snipping Tool using the search bar and then run it.
- In the Snipping Tool, you can then make some pre-settings (such as delay time). You can make some additional settings under Settings. However, the presets should be sufficient for a simple screenshot.
- If you now want to take a screenshot, click on ” New “. Based on your settings, you can select and scale the area to be mapped by holding down the left mouse button.
- When you release the left mouse button, the screenshot is taken. The generated screenshot will then be opened in a new window of the Snipping Tool. If you wish, you can still make a few simple edits to the image there.
- If you want to finally save the recording, then you need to click in the top right of the window on “File” and then on “Save as”
- Specify the storage location, the file name and the file format. PNG or JPEG is recommended there.
- Finally, just click on “Save”