TranslucentTB is also included in the UWP Community Launch 2021 package. A small tool with which you can make the taskbar completely transparent (transparent) or slightly blurred (acrylic). Now the app has been completely revised again.
The TranslucentTB app is given a more modern look. The icon and the context menu also support the light and dark theme under Windows 10 and Windows 11. A welcome UI is started when you start it for the first time. There is a link to edit the config file, which is now saved as a JSON file.
Here’s a list of the significant changes on TranslucentTB 5.0
- Rewrite the entire UI in UWP XAML (hosted via XAML Islands), giving the TranslucentTB UI a much more modern look.
- On Windows 11, the context menu is also a UWP XAML flyout.
- New welcome UI, giving the user links to our Liberaypay page and Discord server.
- Unfortunately results in increased memory usage.
- Consequently, the minimum version is built 18362 (AKA 1903).
- New Fluent icon.
- The dark theme context menu is also available.
- Changed config file format to a standard JSON file.
- Light theme support: the TranslucentTB tray icon turns black when the Windows light theme is enabled.
- Changes to the config file are now automatically reloaded when the file is changed on disk.
- Instead of constantly looping, TranslucentTB is now lazy, and DLL injects into Explorer.
- Flickering when the start opens is wholly gone.
- New defaults which address common user complaints.
- Increase reliability of hotplug detection. This should fix most cases of secondary monitors not being detected.
- The Peek button can now still be used even when not visible.
You can read the release note here.