If you’re unable to find an app on your iPhone or having trouble finding apps on your phone that you know you have installed, nothing to worry about. We are telling you several useful methods regarding how to find hidden apps and unhide apps on iPhone.
After using your phone for a long time, the unused apps on the device tend to pile up. It’s sometimes getting very irritating to find an app suddenly on iPhone. That’s why Apple revealed App Library on iPhone with the iOS 15. The App Library automatically categorized all the apps into different categories like Games, Social, Music, etc. Almost every iPhone user now completely relies on App Library. App Library is very useful and handy for all. But often some apps are hidden in the App Library and having trouble finding them. Don’t worry, we have several solutions below.
5 Ways to Unhide Apps on iPhone
- Use Spotlight Search to find and unhide apps.
- Find the apps and unhide them using App Library.
- How to use App Store to find a hidden app.
- Use Siri to find and open an app.
- Unhide apps by Resetting the Home Screen layout.
Method 1: Use Spotlight Search to find hidden apps on iPhone:
You can use Spotlight Search to find the app you are looking for. If you have the app installed, it’ll show up in search. Here are the ways how to use Spotlight Search.
- Swipe down on the Home screen.
- You will get Spotlight Search.
- Type the app name or first letter of the app, it will appear.
- Tap the app icon to open.
After finding the app you are looking for and you don’t want to lose again then you should unhide the app. Unhiding it and adding it to the home screen is very simple.
- Tap and hold the app.
- A few seconds later few options will appear.
- Tap on the Add to Home Screen option.
- From now you will be able to find the app on your Home Screen.
Method 2: Find the apps and unhide them using App Library:
After the arrival of iOS 14/15, iPhone has an App Library, which contains every installed app on your iPhone device. Using the App Library you can find any app on your iPhone. Here’s how to find an app using App Library:
- Swipe from right to left on your Home Screen.
- App Library will appear.
- Once you’ve reached the App Library, you will be able to see all the apps categorized in folders.
- Find your app there.
- You can also find the app by searching the app name at the Search Bar at the top.
Drag the app icon onto the Home Screen to open it easily anytime you want. From now you will not be in trouble to find the app you want.
Method 3: How to use App Store to find a hidden app:
Another easy way to find the hidden apps on iPhones is by the use of the App Store. To find the app you are looking for follow the given steps below.
- Press and Hold the App Store.
- Tap Search.
- Type the name of the app.
- Tap Open to launch the app.
Follow the other methods listed here to add it to the Home Screen. That’s how you can find an app and unhide it through App Store.
Method 4: Use Siri to find and open an app:
Siri is the Voice assistant on Apple devices, like Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, etc. Talking to Siri is a quick way to get things done. So, using Siri you can find any app on your iPhone device.
- There are many ways to call the voice assistant Siri.
- Say ” Hey Siri”, “Press the Side button” or “Press the Home button” to call Siri.
- Say ” Open …[app name]”.
- Your app will open quickly.
After finding the app follows the same methods mentioned above to unhide or Add to the Home Screen for the future.
Method 5: Unhide apps by Resetting the Home Screen layout:
Although you will lose all Home Screen app arrangements but don’t worry, as this won’t delete any app or its data. It will reset and resemble a newly set up iPhone. Follow the steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Choose Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Reset.
- Your Reset is done now.
Yes, finding a hidden app can be difficult sometimes. We hope from now on you will not be in any trouble finding a hidden app on your iPhone device. Make sure after unhide apps, add it to the Home Screen. You can also check out several ways to hide apps on your iPhone.